-THESTRALS-

• • • 

I saw death when 

I was only a child

• • •

ROSE'S POV: 

Over the next days nobody said anything about the thestrals, but I was dying to know about them. So I decided to ask the one person who would have the answers, Charlie. Fred, George, and Lee had agreed to come with me since they to were curious about them.

We walked through the portrait hole, towards the common room where Charlie was reading a book on the couch. The four of us made our way to him and sat on his sides. He spared us each quick glances, before putting his book down.

"Yes?" Charlie asked us with a smirk in his face.

"Charlie can I ask you a question?" I pleaded him, a angelic expresion on my face. I turned my hair pale blonde, and my eyes were gleaming in gold. This made me look even more angelic.

"Merlin I'll never get tired of that! Shoot your question." He said with a laugh.

"What are thestrals? Why can I see them but this lot can't?" His expression instantly darkened. He grabbed mine and Fred's wrist and pulled us out of the common room, George and Lee following suit. He stopped right outside the common room.

"Can you see thestral Rose?" He asked me in panic.

"Yes! Why does anyone get so worked up about it?" I questioned him, my eyes were now yellow.

"Only people who have seen death can see thestrals." My blood went cold. 'Death?' I thought. 'I haven't seen dea-' 'Oh'. Realization suddenly hit me.

"Charlie. When someone is hit with the killing curse, what colour is the light of the curse?" I asked him, pleading he didn't say green.

"Bill told me it was green. Why?" My breath caught in my throat. I crashed into the body behind me and slid down to the floor, the body coming down with me.

FRED'S POV:

"Only people who have seen death can see thestrals." Charlie told Rose. Rose imiediatly stiffened. Her eyes turned white as she looked to be recalling something.

"Charlie. When someone is hit with the killing curse, what colour is the light of the curse?" Rose asked my brother softly. Her eyes were switching from white to gold rapidly.

"Bill told me it was green. Why?" Charlie didn't get an answer. She gave one step back and crashed with my body, I hold her by the waist but she slid down taking me with her. Her hair turned completely white and she was holding her head in her hands. I couldn't tell if she was crying or not, she just remained silence. I looked over at Charlie and his eyes were full of worry.

"Rose?" I whispered in her ear. She looked up at me, her eyes were white as snow, and she was in fact not crying.

"They're dead." She whispered, though it was loud enough for us to hear.

"Who's dead Rosie?" Charlie said as he kneeled in front of her.

"My parents." She replied.

"Rose what-" I began to ask her, but she covered my mouth with her hand while shaking her head.

"I don't want to talk about it. I just want to go to sleep." She said. I looked over at Charlie and he nodded. I didn't want her to be alone but Charlie told me it was alright. With only a "Night" from Rose she went to sleep.