-LE MASQUE NOIR-

• • •

• • •

I don't love you anymore

A pretty lie that I adore

• • •

"I will hear no more of this!" Seraphina Morgenstern ordered in a final tone as she stood in the middle of the Burrow. It was odd seeing her there, or at least Rose thought so; her expensive robes and hair clashed horribly with the cozy vibe the Weasley family, and their home, gave off. Amara and Avalon stood behind her, their chins held high and their stance impeccable.

"But, Aunt Seraphina, please!" Rose begged the woman, giving her the most pleading eyes, she could muster. "I promise I feel fine!"

"I said no, Rose, you're coming back to the Manor with me, and that's the end of it!" Seraphina said, her eyes narrowed to slits. Rose groaned, drooping her head and nodded, knowing she couldn't argue with Seraphina. Especially since the woman had gone to the Burrow personally to retrieve her and check on her after the Quidditch Cup.

"Fine," Rose sighed, standing as tall as her cousins.

"Good," Seraphina smiled, her grin proud. "Fetch your trunk and express your gratitude to the family."

• • •

"Come on, Rosie," Avalon encouraged his cousin, who was grumpily sitting under a tree with a book on her lap. "Aren't you pleased you're back here? It can be like last summer!"

Rose pursed her lips as she glared at Avalon. Her expression softened as she observed the two brooms in his hands. "I'm pleased to be back, Avalon; all I want to do is make sure my brother is safe. Especially given what occurred at the World Cup... have you received any answers from that?"

"Nothing," Avalon groaned, taking a seat next to her. "Father spends all day locked up in his study and Mother refuses to talk about the subject."

"I can't believe they refuse to tell us anything," Rose huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "It isn't as if we don't know! I was there, for fucks sakes!" 

"Language!" A voice from behind them reprimanded them. The cousins turned around to see Amara Morgenstern approaching them, a silver tray floating behind her; she was dressed in a forest green summer dress, and her hair was done up in a beautiful ponytail. "Honestly, both of you have got to stop speaking like animals."

"Animals don't talk Ames," Rose smirked, taunting her cousin. Amara glared at Rose as she sat beside her, motioning the silver tray filled with scones and hot tea down. "But anyhow, please tell me you've got some answers."

Amara shook her head, her brown eyes disappointed. "I've got nothing. I'm sorry, Rose, but even Tilly refuses to talk! She won't tell me where my father was that day!"