-CHRISTMAS AT THE BURROW-

• • • 

Family is the most precious 

thing a broken child could ask for.

• • • 

ROSE'S POV: 

Since I wasn't spending christmas at Hogwarts, it seemed like I was now obligated to write to my parents. I tried to argue with Charlie about how my parents haven't even answered my first letter, but he threatened to sit me down on a chair in the common room, and stand in front of me until I wrote something to them. 

I was currently sitting in the common room, parchment in the table, quill in my hand, the twins cracking up beside me, and Charlie in front of me. Yep. I refused to write anything, but apparently Charlie's threads weren't empty. 

"Come on Rose, you know we can't take you home without telling your parents about it." Charlie complained, after sitting in a chair on the other side of the table for nearly forty minutes. 

"I don't want to write to them!" I declared, anger bubbling in my skin. 

  "Red!" Fred announced. "You are angry, I believe red for anger." 

"Whatever, I am not writing a letter. You can not make me." I said stubbornly. 

"Well until you write to your parents, none of us are getting up from this table." Charlie orderend. The twins opened their mouths to protest, but Charlie quickly shut them out. I sighted, admitting that I was not getting away until I wrote something, and started writing. 

Dear mum, 

Recently I discovered a new ability, I am a metamorphmagus. That means that my hair and eyes change color depending on my emotions. My friends here are helping me discover what each color means. However I have no control over my eyes, only my hair. Sometimes when I am to distracted, my hair will change its color to match my eyes. It is quite fascinating to be honest. 

Either way, this is not the reason for my letter. As you may know, christmas holidays are approaching. My first thought was to stay here since you didn't respond my letter, so I figured you were still upset. But now, my friends have invited me to their household for christmas. Remember the Weasley family, mum? I will be spending holidays with them, don't worry though I will see you in the summer. 

Happy christmas, Rose L. 

I finished my letter and handed it over to Charlie so he could send it. He smiled gratefully and took of to the owerly. I sighed and looked down to my hands. I wondered what my parents would say about it. Whatever they had to say, they wouldn't be fast enough. By this time tomorrow I would be at the burrow.     

---

I woke up and immediately took a shower, I changed into a big fuzzy sweater and boots. I looked out the window, and saw snow outside. I grabbed my trunk and headed to the common room since today we were heading to the burrow. Down in the common room, was Percy and Charlie clearly waiting for us. 

"Good morning." I greeted the redheads. 

"'Morning!" They said together. 

"Are the twins not down yet?" I asked them as I sat on an armchair near the couch they were sitting at. 

"No, and if they don't hurry we are losing the train." Percy said annoyed. I found that a bit amusing.