-FAMILIAR FACE-

• • •

• • •

So brave and quiet, 

he sometimes forgets her suffering. 

• • • 

"Rose?!" 

"Adrian?!" 

The whole room was silent, all that could be heard was Adrian's and Rose's ragged breathing. Their eyes never leaving each others, his dark eyes studied her as if she was a rare and new piece of art, and her eyes roamed nervously on his face, looking for any sign of betrayal. 

"Oh, you know each other, wonderful!" Seraphina Morgenstern, who had a bright smile on her face, said as she smiled at the young couple. 

"You know her, Adrian?" A woman, no older than forty with short brown hair and honey eyes, asked Adrian. 

'She must be his mother,' Rose thought, they had the same hair colour and as the woman smiled at Rose she was sure she could see Adrian's smile. 

"Er- I- yes, mother," Adrian got out after stuttering and slurring his words. "She is- er- was, Rose Lightbourn."

"Is she now?" The woman was smiling broadly as she walked to Rose with her arms opened. She hugged Rose tightly and kissed both her cheeks. "Adrian talks about you all the time, dear. I am Annalise Pucey, Adrian's mother." 

Rose had a bright blush on her face but was thankfully covered by the layers of makeup that Tilly had put on her. She didn't know how to respond to Mrs. Pucey, so she gently nodded her head and smiled. 

Rose made panicked eye contact with Amara, silently asking her what in the name of Godric was happening. 

Suddenly Rose was taken away by Seraphina, who grabbed the youngest Gryffindor by the arm and dragged her over to two men, one was exactly like Avalon but older, the other had blonde hair and green eyes. 

"Rose, dear, you haven't met my husband," Seraphina signaled at the guy who looked like Avalon. "This is Jacob Morgenstern, darling this is Rose Potter." 

"You look a lot like your mother, Rose," Jacob said as he shaked Rose's hand. 

"Thanks," Rose mumbled, feeling overwhelmed. 

"And this is Marius Pucey," Seraphina signaled to the man with blonde hair, Rose shaked his hand and smiled sheepishly. 

"We should leave the children to talk before we start dinner, shouldn't we?" Annalise suggested with a broad smile. "We can have some drinks." 

"Oh, what a wonderful idea, Annalise, shall we?" Seraphina laughed, leading all the adults out of the room. 

For a full minute after the adults left, there was full silence in the room. Rose was staring at Amara, Amara was giving an apologizing look to both Rose and Adrian, Adrian was looking at Rose carefully, and Avalon was trying to catch Adrian's eyes.