-SIRIUS BLACK-

• • •

• • •

How do you kill a monster, 

without becoming one? 

• • •

Rose Potter didn't know what she was getting herself into when she promised Adrian Pucey she wouldn't pretend with him. The old Rose, the one her friends knew, was a mess of a girl who set things on fire sometimes. And it was true that she had changed ever since becoming the world famous Rose Potter, but that didn't mean she wanted to. 

Adrian and Rose entered the broomsticks once more, both with big smiles on their faces. Their conversation had gone back into a comfortable one, both of them enjoying the small moments they had. 

Unknown to Rose, McGonagall and Flitwick had entered only a few seconds before them, quickly followed by Hagrid and Cornelius Fudge. 

"Alright, Ronnie, Hermione," Rose greeted the third year Gryffindors as Adrian fetched a table. Ron and Hermione, both with stunned and nervous expressions in their faces turned to Rose. 

"Hullo, Rosie," Ron said, his voice cracking. 

"Are you alright, Ron?" Rose asked, laughing slightly. 

"Course I am," Ron answered, his hands under the table as if he was hiding something. 

"Er- Rose, where's Cedric?" Hermione asked, changing the topic. "Haven't seen you around without him in Hogsmeade lately." 

"Back in the castle, I reckon," Rose snorted, pointing at Adrian. "I'm paying off a bet, reckon you heard about it." 

Ron's face turned into realisation, nodding his head rapidly. "Right, right. I heard Ginny talking about it a few days ago." 

"Alright then," Rose said, turning back to Adrian. "See you around, you two." 

As Rose walked back to her table, Ron and Hermione let out a deep sigh, still pushing Harry under the table. 

"Blimey," Ron gasped, spotting who Rose was sitting with. "That's Adrian Pucey." 

"Who?" Harry asked, trying to peek a glance at whoever his sister was sitting with. 

"Harry, keep your head down," Hermione hissed, pushing Harry further into the table. "Put on the coat." 

"It's already on," Harry muttered at her. "Ron, who's Adrian Pucey? I thought Rose was going out with Cedric Diggory." 

"You don't reckon she's cheating on Cedric, do you?" Hermione inquired in a low voice. 

"It's Rose," Harry said quickly. "She wouldn't do that." 

"Well," Ron quaked. "She is sitting with Adrian Pucey." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked angrily.