-FAVOURITE SLYTHERIN-

• • • 

Where there is anger, 

there is always pain underneath

• • •

ROSE'S POV: 

"When are you coming back?" Savannah asked as she drew out from our last hug. 

"I don't know, Sav." I admitted as I gave the brown eyed girl a sweet smile. Today was finally the day I would leave and go over to Annies'.  

"What will happen when he comes back?" She asked as she looked around. We were in our bedroom, I was about to head out the door to probably come back until next summer. 

"If he comes back, then you're going to tell him that if he dares to touch I will kick his arse." I said with confidence, fake confidence that is. But what should I be scared off? My father is a muggle! He couldn't beat me even if he wanted to, could he? 

Savannah let out a laugh as she ushered me out the door. I smiled one last time before I excused myself out of the room and into the kitchen. 

My mother was sitting on the table, a tea cup on her hand, and her gaze fixed on a blank wall. I took a deep breath and let it out, preparing myself for what's to come. 

"I'm leaving today." I told her, not sure if I expected a reply. 

"I figured as much." She said as she set her cup down and turned her head to stare at me. Her gaze was nervous, almost afraid. 

"He won't hurt you again," I assured her. 

"You don't know that, Rose." She whispered. I sighed and sat down besides her, holding her hand in my own.

"I do know that, mum." I told her with as much seriousness I could muster. I grabbed a locket from my pocket and clasped it around her neck. She sat stiffly. 

"It one of those necklace-locket thingies, but instead of containing a picture inside, it has some kind of protective charm." I explained, though it wasn't exactly a protective charm. 

"You can't do magic outside school." She reminded me. 

"I know that," I said as I nodded my head. "But this is a different kind of magic, when you're in danger open the locket. Fire will pop out of it and it will create a protective barrier that will give you enough time to run. It's similar to what happened last summer." 

"How-how did you...?" She stammered. 

"It's a something i've been working on for the past months, last night I figured it out." I explained. This however, wasn't a lie. Ever since Dumbledore said that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was coming back, I wanted to make sure that all my friends would be safe, so I began to create this lockets. What I failed to notice, was that putting part of my elemental magic in a locket would be draining, but if it meant that my friends would live then I couldn't care less. 

"Rose I-" She stammered once again, she then cleared her throat and spoke "Thank you." 

"You're welcome, mum." I whispered. I bit my lips and embraced her quickly before pulling back and standing from my chair. "Good-bye." 

I opened all the locks from the door and stepped outside, shutting the door tightly behind me. 

I looked around the street, it was deserted, so I took out my wand and did exactly what I did the first time I boarded the knight-buss.