-TRUST-

• • •

• • •

two damaged people trying to heal each other

is love

• • •

Rose woke up to the golden sun hitting her straight in the face. She yawned, twisting in the covers and leaning into Cedric as he rubbed patterns in her bare back. Her head fell on his chest when she twisted, with her hand beside her eyes as they fluttered open.

"Morning," Cedric's voice rang through her ears, low and sweet. He brought his other hand to play with her auburn hair. "How'd you sleep?"

"Great," Rose smiled, biting her lip in anticipation. She was completely naked, no clothes on either of them, nothing between them. Her leg was intertwined with his and he held her almost on top of him. She blinked, her cheeks tainting red as she looked up at his shining eyes. "Ced, listen, about last night-"

"Are you about to tell me I was only a quick shag?" Cedric asked, raising a brow at her.

"What?!" Rose paled; her eyes wide. "No! I-"

"I'm only messing with you, Rosie," Cedric chuckled, his hand had stopped moving against her back and instead settled itself on her hip. His expression sobered when he spoke next, "If I'm completely honest I wouldn't mind that happening again." 

"Cedric, I can't-"

"I know," he nodded, twirling her hair in his fingers. "I don't want to have a girlfriend, Rosie. I've got too much on my mind, a girlfriend would be just the thing to drive me off edge, and I'm guessing you don't really fancy a boyfriend, correct?"

"You mean so much to me, Cedric," Rose breathed, caressing his jaw with her gentle fingers. "I don't want you to feel used. I could never-"

"And I could never feel used by you," Cedric interrupted her, pulling her closer until her mouth was hovering just about his, a smirk tugging at the edge of his lips. "Believe me, Rose, you're not using me."

He nudges his nose towards her and rose to place a lingering kiss on her lips. "I promise," he whispered. She nodded, leaning back down to kiss him again.

She intended for it to be a soft, but his hands quickly pulled her by the hips to straddle him; rolling them down just as she had done the night before. It was lazy, a lazy kiss as she rolled her hips and sighed when he kissed her neck, panted when she pulled away from him. Weirdly enough, Cedric tasted like honey; all sweet and sickly. His scent enveloped her, cinnamon, butterscotch and vanilla.

Cedric rolled her over, soft covers hitting her skin and red hair sprawled around the white pillow. Her fingers pulled at the edge of his hair, humming when he sucked on her collarbone.