-THE FIRST WEEK-

• • • 

Running down to the rivers

running past the light,

• • •

Rose walked out from the common room after hearing the last bit of Amara and George's argument. Rose did not understand, Amara seemed nice when they talked earlier. Sure she did ask about her blood status but she said nothing wrong about it, in fact she told her how her family were blood supremacist. But Amara was quick to tell Rose she wasn't.

Rose was so lost in her thought that she didn't notice were she was going. So naturally, she collided into someone.

ROSE'S POV:

Crash!

I collided into someone a tad taller than me and went tumbling to the ground. I looked up to see the boy that had been sharing a compartment with Percy in the train the day before. He had blond hair and brown eyes, he was wearing a yellow robe. 'Hufflepuff' I thought. I scrambled to get up from the floor as he did the same. I think his name was Cedric but just in case that was not it, I was only going to apologize and leave. To where, I had no idea.

"Sorry, I should be looking to where i'm going." I told the Hufflepuff.

He shook his head. "Don't worry, I wasn't paying attention either."

"Wait, you are Rose right? Percy's friend?" He asked me.

"Yeah that's me. Cedric right?" I asked him.

"Yes that's right. So tell me what are you doing here?" All of the sudden he looked concerned.

"Oh, well. I am not really sure. I kinda run out of my common room and ended up here."

"Well, do you know where you are Rose?" Cedric asked.

"Not really." I answered feeling ashamed. How could I have been so stupid?

"Don't worry, I'll get you to the great hall." He said while smiling. I smiled back. He told me about the classes and how there was this really bad teacher called 'Snape' who's favourite past time was to torment all the Gryffindors.

When I entered the great hall it was to see one tall red headed boy making his way to me. Cedric waved me off and walked to his table. What surprised me the most was the fact that it wasn't Fred who was making his way to me, or Charlie, or even George. It was Percy and he had an expression between anger and relief at the sight of me.

"Where were you?" He asked me with the irritation and concern written all over his face.

"I just went for a walk." I told him.

"More like a jog." He said under his breath. I grinned at his words and made my way over to the twins who were talking to Lee.

"Hey" I greeted the while sitting besides Fred, with Lee and George at the other side of the table.

"Hi" They said in unison.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have run out like that. I am also sorry for not believing about Amara or Lilith or whatever." I looked at them with an apologetic expression.

"Don't you worry Rose-" George began.

"-All is forgiven." Fred finished. I saw them both flash a smile at me. I look over at Lee who was grinning like mad. 'Yup' I thought, 'All is well.'

I couldn't help glance over to my right. At the very end of the table, was Amara. Scowl in her face and book in hand. Maybe I should talk to her and give her a chance to explain.