-THE YULE BALL-

• • •

• • •

lover, haven't you heard?

the devil was an angel first

• • •

With red-rimmed eyes, Rose Potter descended the staircase onto her common room in search of her brother. She scanned the common room, wincing at how many people were there. She pulled her jumper tighter to herself, trying to avoid looking at the corner where she knew the Weasley twins were wreaking havoc.

She failed, sneaking in a peak at the twins. They were surrounded by some of Rose's dorm mates, even some fifth-year girls seemed to be listening to everything the twins were saying. She almost snarled when she saw Angelina Johnson twirling her hair with one hand and the other resting in Fred's arm, she even considered asking Avalon for the spell he taught Amara. She shook that thought, that was no joking matter.

Harry was sitting in the couch before the fireplace with Ron and Hermione Granger. Rose smirked, heading over their way and slipping next to her brother, taking the three fourth years by surprise. They tensed, as if they were discussing a top-secret.

"Did I interrupt something?" she asked cheekily, seeing the way Ron's cheeks flamed. She waved her wand under the table, mumbling a silencing charm under her breath as the fourth years shared looks with each other.

"No!" They chimed in at the same time, Rose arched an eyebrow but shrugged. She was about to speak, but Ron beat her to it.

"Is it true you and Fred broke up?" He asked, his eyes wide as galleons.

"How do you-"

"Ronald!" Hermione swat him in the arm and huffed. "Don't ask that!"

"I want to know if Ginny owes me ten sickles!" Ron said as a defense, he registered his words after he said them because he turned back to Rose. "Wait-"

"You made a bet about my relationship? How did you even know we broke up?" Rose asked, dumfounded. When Ron was about to answer, she waved her hand, she had more important things now. "You know what? Not important. Harry, I need to ask you something."

Harry jumped up at being brought into the conversation, he shot a look to Ron and smiled timidly up at Rose. "What is it?"

Rose took a deep breath, already knowing Harry's answer but having to ask, nevertheless. "I know you aren't fond of the Morgenstern's, Harry, but-"

"Rose," Harry huffed, already annoyed.

"Listen to me first," Rose urged him, returning his glare.

"We're going to give you two a minute," Hermione said, smiling slightly as she pulled Ron up the couch. "Come on, Ronald!"