-DIAGON ALLEY-

• • • 

• • • 

and then my soul saw 

you and it kind of went 

"oh, there you are. I've 

been looking for you." 

• • • 

Rose was highly amused by how much impressed Harry seemed to be at The Burrow. She saw the surprised look on Harry's pale face when a mirror yelled 'Tuck your skin in, scruffy!' Or how he heard the ghoul up in the attic and Harry jumped three feet up in the air. Rose was even more amused by the way that Ginny got clumsier the minute that Harry stepped on the room.

One morning, the day they received the Hogwarts letters, Ginny had knocked her porridge bowl. Harry always pretended that he hadn't noticed, which would result in Fred and George wiggling their eyebrows at Ginny.

"Letters from school," said Arthur, passing Harry and Ron identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink. "Dumbledore already knows you're here, Harry – doesn't miss a trick, that man. You three've got them, too," he added, as Fred and George ambled in, still in their pyjamas. He handed one letter to Rose and the other two letters to the twins.

As Rose read the letter, she was impressed to see that she needed to purchase the whole Gilderoy Lockhart collection. She scrunched up her nose as she saw Fred peer over to Harry's letter.

"You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" he said. "The new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan – bet it's a witch."

At this point, Fred caught his mother's eye and quickly busied himself with the marmalade.

"That lot won't come cheap," said George, with a quick look at his parents. "Lockhart's books are really expensive ..."

"Well, we'll manage," said Mrs Weasley, but she looked worried. "I expect we'll be able to pick up a lot of Ginny's things second-hand."

At this point, Rose had gotten an idea.

"Oh, are you starting at Hogwarts this year?" Harry asked Ginny.

She nodded, blushing to the roots of her flaming hair, and put her elbow in the butter dish.

"Oh, Molly, Ginny can have my first year books," Rose said as she threw a quick glance at Ginny. "They're in a perfectly good condition and I bet she can fit in my robes, too."

"Oh, Rose, you don't have to-"

"But I want to!" Rose insisted. "You lot have done everything for me since I was eleven and Ginny and I are practically sisters! Half the time I wake up using her pyjamas and the other time Gin wakes up with my socks! Remus has got all my first year things in a box at his place, Ginny can have everything in there. I'm certain I've still got some spare quills and ink-wells inside that box."