-THE OATH-

• • •

• • •

love him. love him and let him love you

• • •

"Stay high!" Moody barked at the guard once they were up in the air. "We don't want to attract any muggle attention!"

The guard flew through the sky until the houses under them came into view. Slowly, one by one, and on Moody's command, they circled the Dursley's house before landing.

"I can't believe the Ministry wanted to expel Harry," Rose Potter huffed as she stood in the pouring rain outside of Little Winging. Her broom under her arm and her wand in her hand.

"Relax, love," Adrian said, putting up a water-repellant charm above them. "He'll get to the hearing and he'll be alright; no charges, you'll see." 

"Pucey! Potter!" Moody whispered-shouted at them. "Focus!"

Rose rolled her eyes at Moody and walked over to the door. She tried the handle, and after noticing it was locked, she flicked her wrist and it opened on her command. She could hear the astonished gasp that from behind her, but she ignored it as she gathered her wand in one hand and pushed the door opened with Adrian by her side.

After them, the group slowly walked into the dark quiet house; no sound could be heard from inside.

That is until someone tripped over a can of umbrellas, Rose and Adrian both turned; pointing their wand at Nymphadora Tonks.

"Merlin, you scared me half to death," Rose sighed, pulling down her wand arm and instead lighting it up into a lumos spell.

There was a sound of new footsteps coming down the stairs, and the silhouette of a fifteen-year-old boy came into view with his wand at the ready. It was Harry.

"Harry!" Rose cheered, moving quickly to hug her brother. However, he didn't lower his wand. Instead, he wrapped one arm tightly around her whilst the other swung before them, aiming at the guard. "Harry, it's alright."

"What – what are you doing here?" Harry stammered, clearly confused. His eyes were going everywhere behind Rose's body.

"We're here to save you, alright?" Rose whispered in his ear before moving back and smoothing out his hair lovingly.

Harry lowered his wand slightly but did not relax his grip on it, nor did he move away from Rose. Finally, Adrian stepped closer, his wand lowered in a sign of surrender.

"We're getting you out of here, Harry," he said, moving closer to Rose. She knew Harry now had even more of a reason to be suspicious, after what Adrian had done to Fred last term, he had no reason to trust Adrian.

"It's all right, Harry. We've come to take you away," Remus said, stepping closer to the light.

"P-Professor Lupin?" Harry said disbelievingly. "Is that you?"

"Yes, Harry," he answered, casting a Lumos Maximum on the ceiling so Harry could see everyone clearly. "Now, pack up your stuff quickly, we have to get going."

"Going?" Harry wondered, looking at Rose. "Where at we going?"

"Can't tell you, little brother," Rose quipped, patting his arm before moving forward into the hallway. "But hurry, we have to go."

• • •

After finally bringing Harry to the safe house, Rose and Adrian quickly followed all the adults into the dining room where the next meeting was taking place. Everyone who was in the Order seemed to be there, even Headmaster Dumbledore and Professor Snape, who Rose still didn't trust, had made an appearance at Harry's return. 

They sat at the long table. At the end sat Dumbledore with Mad-eye to his right and Kingsley to his left. At the other end of the table sat Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Tonks.

"How are you, Sirius?" Dumbledore asked as everyone finally settled in their seats. "Adjusting well, I presume."

"I got both my kids back, Dumbledore," Sirius answered, winking at Rose. "I am as good as I can be whilst stuck in this godforsaken house."

Snape rolled his eyes at Sirius and Dumbledore nodded before turning to Rose and Adrian. "You two did well on your first mission. However, we still need to make sure you both are official members of the order."

"What does that mean?" Adrian asked, eyeing the man warily.

"It means you need to take the Order's oath," Snape drawled, pulling out his wand out of his robes and pointing it at them. "Do you swear on your magic to never betray the Order of the Phoenix by any cause or reason? To serve and protect it?"

"Did this so-called "oath" exist when Pettigrew betrayed my parents?" Rose wondered, glaring at Snape and his wand; her hands twitching with excitement at the thought of using her elemental.

"No," Snape pursed his lips, not taking his wand off the two seventh years. "This is why we have implemented it."

"And everyone here has taken this oath?" Adrian asked suspiciously.

"Yes, they have, Mr. Pucey," McGonagall stepped in, nodding her head gently at the couple. "So, please, just take the oath."

"Fine," Rose gritted out, taking out her wand from her robes and holding it up. "I swear on my magic to never betray the Order of the Phoenix by any cause or reason. To serve and protect it."

Adrian did the same, all eyes on him, which madeRose glare at everyone including Mr. and Mrs. Weasley for daring to even lookat her boyfriend the wrong way.

Finally, they were done and Rose could relax even if she did feel the glared Snape was throwing her way.

"Now," Dumbledore continued. "With you two as Head Boy and Head Girl, you will not only protect Harry but the rest of the student body. As you both know, many Slytherins come from Death Eater families, and they will likely follow in their footsteps now that Lord Voldemort has risen yet again."

"So, you want Adrian to tell you who's turned on the Dark Side?" Rose finished for him, a glare coming back to her eyes. "That's dangerous! What if he gets caught and they notice he's spying on his own housemates?"

"It's alright Rose-"

"No, it's not," Rose shushed Adrian, glaring at their Headmaster. "That is too dangerous!" 

"Too bad you both took an oath to serve the order," Snape drawled, smirking triumphantly at Rose.

Rose wanted to yell. To scream at the stupid Professor and tell him that if he had done his job right the first time around, the order wouldn't have to rise up again. However, she didn't. Rose simply folded her fists over her lap and glared at the man with all her might.

"I'll do it," Adrian agreed, looking at Rose carefully. He leaned in close to her and whispered, "It's the only way I'll gain their trust."

Rose thought for a moment, then nodded her head in agreement before releasing a long sigh. "Fine, what do I have to do then?"

"For now, I only want you to look after your brother," Dumbledore assured her, smiling lightly at the couple. "That'll be all for today. Thank you, everyone, for attending. And thank you, Miss Potter and Mr. Pucey, for joining the ranks; your services will be needed."