-TO LOSE HER-

• • •

• • •

the idea you had of me, 

who was she?

• • •

As the middle of October approached, Hogwarts got even more and more scary. Enchanted bats flew by the ceiling of the Great Wall and the knights on the walls would spring out of their place and scare passing students. Which meant that the Hogsmeade visit was getting closer and closer, only two days from then. 

Rose was excited about it, even if Amara had told her that she would be asked out, it seemed like her cousin was mistaken since they were days away from the trip and the only plans she had so far was to go with her friends. 

All lead to Rose walking alone in the dark corridors of Hogwarts after her rounds. She and Adrian had departed in the Great Hall, leaving the redhead to walk a world of stairs on her way to her own common room. 

As Rose approached her common room, she saw a tall slim figure leaning against the wall. It was so dark, Rose couldn't figure out who it was. She took her wand out of her pocket, pointing it at the figure. 

"Rose?" The voice spoke, making Rose let out a sigh and put down her wand. 

"Merlin, Cedric, you gave me a fright," Rose breathed, muttering 'Lumos' under her breath, lighting the tip of both their wands. 

"Sorry," Cedric chuckled. "Didn't mean to." 

"What are you doing here?" Rose asked, leaning back into the wall. 

"Well, I have something to ask you," Cedric began nervously. 

"Oh, is it about trading quidditch practice hours?" Rose wondered. "Because I could talk to Oliver about it, but you'll have to be the one to ask." 

"No, Rose, that's not what I wanted to ask," Cedric said, smiling at her. 

"Go on then," Rose laughed lightly, adjusting herself on the wall. 

"Rose, I don't think it's a secret that i've had quite the fancy on you, and I reckon that if we try, we'd make a good couple." Cedric confessed, making Rose gasp. "So, Rose Potter, will you go on a date with me to Hogsmeade?" 

"Cedric, I-" 

"Rose, just think about it, yeah?" Cedric asked. "You can tell me tomorrow." 

The Hufflepuff then smiled genuinely at her and turned on his heel. However, Rose extended her arms towards him, Amara's words playing loud in her head. 'Just try it out.'

"Cedric, wait!" Rose called, causing the golden boy in Hogwarts to turn to her and smile hopefully. "I'll go on a date with you." 

"You will?"