-GUIDANCE-

• • • 

• • • 

For the record this is self-destructive

For the record I'm aware of that

• • • 

They didn't talk about it, they didn't want to. He didn't mention the kiss, so neither did she. Whilst Fred was picking up the nerve to ask Rose out, Rose was losing her mind over making the same mistake twice. She had learned a long time ago that she shouldn't let alcohol take over her mind. . . or in some cases, her lips

As the easter holidays arrived, Rose noticed the stress that the Gryffindors second years seemed to giving off, specially three little lions. Rose had noticed that Harry had been quiet lately, as had been Ron, she took it upon herself to figure out what was happening with them, apart from the fact that they had no idea what electives to choose. 

And that is how Rose Potter found herself in the middle of the corridor, with her wand in her hand and the marauders map on the other. She was looking for Percy Weasley, who seemed to be studying in the library. 

As she entered the library, she scanned it quickly, stopping as she saw a mop of tidy red hair, sitting in one of the tables at the far end of the library.

"It's almost curfew, Miss Lightbourn," Madam Pince, who Rose's hadn't seen before standing behind a bookshelf, said.

"I'll be here for only five minutes, Madam," Rose answered, madam Pince glared at her for a few seconds before nodding her head.

"Percy?" Rose whispered as she walked behind the Weasley, taking a seat next to him.

Percy Weasley raised his head from his book and smiled fondly at Rose.

"Hello, Rosalind," Percy greeted, calling Rose by a nickname he had chosen three years ago. "What can I help you with?"

"I need your help," Rose said, she scratched the back of her neck and continued. "Actually, I think Ron and Harry need your help."

Percy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What would Ronald need my help for?" Percy asked.

"They're choosing their electives this weekend," Rose shrugged. Percy's face changed completely, a bright smile appeared on his face. 

"Brilliant!" He said. "And what about you, Rose? Have you got any idea on what you're telling McGonagall next term in career advice?"

Rose paled, she had no idea on what she would do after Hogwarts. When she was a young girl, she had thought she would end up being a lawyer like her father, Robert, but now that she knew who her real family was, she had no desire to study anything 'muggle related'. Of course, she could be a professional quidditch player, Oliver Wood had told her that she had the skill to do so, but she knew that kind of jobs only lasted for so long before she ended up training up the team.

"I haven't," she confessed quietly, ashamed of her own foolishness.

"You ought to start thinking about it, Rosie," Percy said as he began picking up his books from the table. "McGonagall's gonna want an answer by next term. Is there anything you want to become? Maybe Minister of Magic someday? You could definitely achieve that."

"I reckon my only real option right now is a quidditch player," Rose admitted, walking out of the library side by side with Percy.

"That's good, too," Percy nodded his head as they turned a corner, carefully looking behind their shoulders. "If I were you, I would think of a second option. Like I said, you have many strengths, Rose, you could be a 'Charms Professor', or perhaps you could get a job as a spell creator. Point is, a girl like you has got a lot of options, Rose, you're very smart, you've just gotta learn how to tap into your talents." 

Rose pondered over his words, they had arrived to common room were Ron and Harry had their heads laying miserably on one of the tables. She shook away her thought and approached them with Percy in tow.

"Oi!" She called as her brother and friend. "I've got you some help, you two, at least now you won't be as lost as you were."

"Alright, boys, it's simple," Percy began. "It all depends on where you want to go. It's never too early to think about the future, so I'd recommend Divination. People say Muggle Studies is a soft option, but I personally think wizards should have a thorough understanding of the non-magical community, particularly if they're thinking of working in close contact with them – look at father, he has to deal with Muggle business all the time. Charlie, my older brother, Harry, was always more of an outdoor type, so he went for Care of Magical Creatures. Play to your strengths, boys, that's all you've got to do."

Even if the speech was originally for the second years, Rose found herself deeply inspired. Now that Percy had mentioned Charlie, she remembered how much she loved being with the dragons, but she also recalled a lost dream of the twins, which they hadn't tapped into in a very long time. 

Which is how she found herself once again running through the corridors of Hogwarts, she had the marauder's map in her hand, scanning it quickly to find her best friends, whom were in the astronomy tower.

"Fred! George!" She whispered yelled as she stepped foot in the astronomy tower. It was a cold quiet night, but she could hear the muffled laughs from somewhere near her. "It's Rose, I need to talk to you."

Suddenly the muffled laughs stopped, she stayed still for a second before she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist, lifting her up the ground with on of the hands covering her mouth.

She trashed around and tried to scream, but stopped as she heard a familiar chuckle ring through her ears and the face of George Weasley in front of her, which meant it probably was Fred the one carrying her.

Rose twisted her head, and sure enough, Fred's brown eyes were staring back at her. The twins laughed once more, having successfully scared the life out of their friend, Fred put her down, patting her hair.

"You arshole!" She belted as she hit his chest, Fred only smirked. "I could've burned you to the crisp, you dimwit!"

"We were only joking, Rosie," George smiled, swinging his arm over her shoulder. "Didn't know you were gonna go mental on us." 

"Well if you haven't noticed, there's a bloody creature running loose around the school," she said cheekly.

"About that," Fred began, eyeing her in concern. "Why are you alone?"

"I don't need a babysitter," she said angrily. "But that's not important, I came here for something else."

"Which is?" George asked.

"I think we should do it."

"Do what?" The twins asked in unison.

"The shop," she breathed. "I think we should open our own joke shop."