-THE FIGHT-

• • • 

• • • 

I will do things to your mind

You will wish you had the strength to deny

• • • 

Rose went back to the store without raising any suspicions from Fred, George, or Lee. They payed for their fireworks and left the shop to go to Flourish and Blotts, by then Lee had to leave to his parents.

As they headed to the bookshop, they were surprised to see the large crowd jostling outside the doors, trying to get in. Rose quickly saw the reason on banner across the upper window:

GILDEROY LOCKHART

will be signing copies of his autobiography

MAGICAL ME

today 12.30 – 4.30 pm

"What a load of rubbish!" Rose mumbled under her breath. Fred took one of her hands as he and George tried to push through the line to were Molly, Percy, Ginny, Arthur, and the Grangers were standing.

"Mum!" George yelled, getting Molly's attention. She stretched an arm towards them, which they used as an anchor to get to where they were.

A couple of minutes later, Harry, Ron and Hermione came in, each of them were holding a copy of Break with a Banshee.

"Oh, there you are, good," said Molly once she saw them come. She sounded breathless and kept patting her hair. "We'll be able to see him in a minute ..."

Gilderoy Lockhart came slowly into view, seated at a table surrounded by large pictures of his own face, all winking and flashing dazzlingly white teeth at the crowd. The real Lockhart was wearing robes of forget-me-not blue which exactly matched his eyes; his pointed wizard's hat was set at a jaunty angle on his wavy hair. Rose made a face of disgust as she heard all the witches around her sigh.

A short, irritable-looking man was dancing around taking photographs with a large black camera that emitted puffs of purple smoke with every blinding flash.

"Out of the way, there," he snarled at Ron, moving back to get a better shot. "This is for the Daily Prophet."

"Big deal," said Ron, rubbing his foot where the photographer had stepped on it.

"I'll say again," Rose muttered, "What a load of rubbish."

Gilderoy Lockhart heard them. He looked up. He saw Ron — He saw Rose– and then he saw Harry. He stared. Then he leapt to his feet and positively shouted, "It can't be Harry Potter?"

The crowd parted, whispering excitedly. Lockhart dived forward, seized Harry's arm and pulled him to the front. The crowd burst into applause.

Rose rolled her eyes and coughed as the photographer wafted thick smoke over her face.