-SEEKER-

• • • 

The demand to be loved is 

 the greatest kind of arrogance

• • • 

"I don't know." Rose sighed, looking at the ground she was sitting on. She peered timidly up at Adrian, who had been insisting her to come to the annual 'welcome back' Slytherin party.

"Please!" Adrian insisted. Rose and Adrian were sitting out on the grounds enjoying the last day of the first week of term. "It will be fun!" 

"But what about Fred, George, and Lee?" Rose asked, putting a piece of toast in her mouth. 

"What about them?" Adrian asked obliviously. 

"There going to want to know where I am." She stated matter-of-factly. "And they'll never let me go if they know i'll be with you." 

"The don't tell them." Adrian said simply. Rose stared at him for a long time. 

'Too many secrets already, Rose.' The loyal and good-hearted part of her brain whispered. 

'What's one more?' The snide and sly part of her brain retorted. 

"Fine!" She breathed out, she turned to Adrian. "I'll go with you to your party." 

"Brilliant!" Adrian cheered, standing up and extending his hand to help her up. "I'll pick you up at eight, sound alright?" 

"Perfect." She grinned, walking over to were some first-years were having their first flying lessons. Suddenly, she saw a boy with black jet hair and gryffindor robes do a dive towards the floor on his broom. Harry. 

It was Harry – he stretched out his hand – a foot from the ground he caught it, just in time to pull his broom straight, and he toppled gently on the grass with something clutching his hand.

Rose's heart skipped a beat, she didn't even realize that her and Adrian had been running towards the scene until she heard an ear-piercing scream next to her.

"HARRY POTTER!" 

Rose quickly looked from McGonagall, to Adrian, and to Harry. Professor McGonagall was running towards them. Harry got to his feet, trembling. Rose stood by, McGonagall spared her a glance and then turned back to Harry.

"Never – in all my time at Hogwarts –"

Professor McGonagall was almost speechless with shock, and her glasses flashed furiously, "– how dare you – might have broken your neck –"

"It wasn't his fault, Professor –"

"Be quiet, Miss Patil –"

"But Malfoy –"

"That's enough, Mr Weasley. Potter, follow me, now."

Rose stood speechless, not really sure what to do until McGonagall called again, "You too, Miss Lightbourn!"

"Yes, Professor!" She said quickly, gathering some of the stuff that Adrian was holding. She gave Adrian a small smile. "I'll see you tonight." 

"Good luck." Adrian mumbled, clearly amused by the whole situation. 

 She followed Harry and McGonagall, Harry seemed nervous. 

"What did you do?" Rose whispered to Harry, making sure the Professor hadn't heard her.