-HURTS SO BAD-

• • •

• • •

It's harder alone when she feels this way

Too lost, there's no home, she's so afraid

• • •

Rose Potter arrived at the Burrow just a few hours after leaving London. She was convinced that as soon as she arrived to The Burrow, she would be the main attraction, answering all of the families' inquiries and maybe having to show off her scar, something she was not very keen on doing. 

Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door faintly. Her hair was tied at the bottom of her head with an elegant forest green pin Seraphina had gifted her as an early birthday present. She could hear screams of glee coming from the backyard, she recognised Ginny's loud laugh, but she would rather speak to Molly before going over to join her friends.

She knocked again, this time without warning, and unlocked the door. Entering the Burrow was not the same as entering Morgenstern Manor; entering the Burrow was like returning to her innocent, peaceful, and safe moments. She persuaded herself that this was a good thing.

Rose entered the kitchen with a tired grin on her lips as she noticed Molly Weasley, her back to her, chopping potatoes for dinner. Molly sung along with the words while the muggle radio played soothing music.

"Molly?" Rose breathed, her voice low but it was enough for Molly to turn to her and crash her into a tight hug.

"Oh, dear," Molly cried, hugging Rose tightly. "I am so glad you've come to stay the rest of the summer with us! Everyone was extremely worried about you- Fred said you stopped answering all the letters!" 

"I know, I know," Rose said, her cheeks reddening with embarrassment. "I've been busy with some errands before Hogwarts, but I feel great now."

"Oh, thank Merlin," Molly smiled, holding Rose's cheeks fondly. "Once I heard what happened I was ready to barge into Hogwarts, but the boys told me you were alright and that had gone home."

Rose chuckled uncomfortably, scratching her neck with her nail. "I-er- I feel a little tired, Molly, do you mind if I rest before dinner?"

"Of course, dear, Ginny's room is all ready for you," Molly said in her sweet motherly voice. "Go say 'hi' to the kids before, they've been waiting for you all morning."

"I will, Molly," Rose said, halfway out the door of the kitchen.

"Oh, and Rose?"

"Yes?" She asked, turning her head back to Molly.

"Anything you need, I am here," she said with a smile. 

Rose politely smiled and walked up the stair, thinking she should take a break before meeting everyone. She entered Ginny's room, tossed her bag on the makeshift bed, and changed into a pair of loose pants and a huge blouse she had stolen from Charlie's room years ago, which still fell all the way down her arse.