-HEALING-

• • •

• • •

some days I don't know if I'm wrong or right, 

you're mind is playing tricks on you, my dear

• • •

"What does the letter say?" Rose Potter asked her cousin, Amara Morgenstern, as the brunette girl read Seraphina Morgenstern's letter. Amara was perched at the foot of Rose's bed whilst Rose read the Prophet repeatedly, trying to spot any mention of her name in the pages.

Her magic was itching, had been for days, humming under her skin waiting to be used. This wasn't a simple urge she could flip off with her wand, no, she needed something else; but allowing her magic to flee when she was in such a state could sent her off once and for all.

"Not much," the brunette replied, skimming through the letter. "Wants to know if you and Harry are coming home for the holidays."

"Reckon so," Rose shrugged, calmly closing the paper in her hands. "I'll need to ask Harry if he's coming."

Amara hummed in approvement, fiddling with a huge parcel Seraphina had sent with the letters. "Look at the dress mother sent!" Amara said, suddenly cheerful, shoving a big chunk of pale blue fabric into Rose's face. 

Rose spluttered, bringing the fabric down to the duvet of her bed and muttering a spell to make the dress float before her. The dress itself was beautiful; the fabric was full silk and it cascaded all the way down with the back completely uncovered.

"It's gorgeous," Rose said, twirling the dress around. She bit her lip, gazing at the pale blue colour. "What do you need this for? Christmas dinner?"

Suddenly, a pillow hit right before Rose's eyes, making her tumble a little before shoving the pillow back to Amara's face. "What was that for?!"

"ROSE LILY POTTER!" Amara screeched, her face going pale as she rummaged through her trunk and pulled out another long white dress; she shoved that one to Rose too. "HAVE YOU GONE MAD?"

The realization hit Rose like a bludger, "The Yule Ball!"

"Yes, the bloody Yule Ball!" Amara huffed, running a hand through the tips of her dark hair. "Have you completely forgotten?!"

"I-I've had loads on my mind," Rose said, fumbling with an excuse. "I've been-"

"Distracted?" Amara prompted with a groan. "Yes, I've noticed; you've been out of it for two weeks."

Rose squirmed in her seat, she knew she had been 'out of it', as Amara said, for weeks; ever since Fred and her had broken up. "We were together for eight months, Ames, that shit stays with you." 

Quickly she felt her eyes sting and her nose start to run, she wiped her face on her sleeve and took deep breaths before turning back to Amara's careful eyes. "I know," the brunette whispered, scooting closer to Rose's side. "But you've got to let this go, Rosie, you've been cooped up in here for weeks!"