-MORGENSTERN-

• • • 

• • • 

I don't rise from the ashes, 

I make them

• • • 

"Happy birthday, Rose." A whisper filled the red-head's ears. Rose turned her body towards the voice, she hadn't slept all night so she was wide awake. As she turned, she saw Savannah standing besides Rose's bed with a wrapped blue box and a huge smile. 

"Thank you," Rose breathed, taking the box Savannah had handed her. "You didn't have to get me anything, Sav." 

"I know," Savannah shrugged, sitting on Rose's bed. "But I wanted to." 

Rose smiled, lifting the lid of the box. Inside there was a mascara, a black eyeliner, and what seemed to be a very light shade of lipstick. 

"It's not much," Savannah said. "But I do hope you like it." 

"I love it, Savannah, I really do." Rose assured the girl, fiddling with her brand new eyeliner. 

"Looks like I'm not the only one wishing you a happy birthday," Savannah joked as various tappings went off by the window. Rose recognized The Weasley's owl, Errol, her own owl, Jamsie, Percy's owl, Hermes, Charlie's owl, Nova, and Adrian Pucey's owl, Calypso. 

Savannah opened the door for the owls, which immediately perched themselves on the end of Rose's bed. Errol left a small red box, Hermes left a stack of books wrapped in a red ribbon, Nova left a brown bag, and Calypso left a huge large package neatly wrapped in forest green wrapping paper. 

"What is that?" Savannah asked, pointing at the package Calypso had left in the bed. Rose's mind was already swirling with ideas, her mouth forming a huge gin, her hands reaching over to tear the paper off the Adrian's present. 

Rose gasped once she saw the present, it was a broom, but it was unlike any other she had ever seen, it was black and silver with revolving stirrups and it said Nimbus 2001 on the sides.

"Bloody hell!" Rose cheered, stroking the broom. "This isn't even out in the market yet!"  

Savannah still looked confused. "Why would someone send you a broom?" 

Rose looked back at Savannah, and understood that she might think that Rose's friends were weird for sending a broom to Rose. 

"It's a racing broom," Rose explained. "It's for a sport called quidditch." 

"Oh," Savannah nodded. 

Rose proceeded to open the rest of the presents, she got a snitch charm for her bracelet from The Weasleys Anne and Lee, books about magical creatures from Percy, and a dragon trainer's jumper from Charlie. She loved each and every present she got, but she was most amazed by Adrian's, who she was positive wouldn't send her such a bug and expensive present.