-MATCHES-

• • •

The monsters were never 

under my bed. 

Because the monsters, 

were inside my head. 

I fear no monsters, 

for no monsters I see. 

Because all this time 

the monster had been me. 

• • •

ROSE'S POV: 
Nervous, that's how I felt. Today we had our first quidditch match with Slytherin. All the Slytherins were trying to hex the Gryffindor team on the hallways, at any chance the got. Flint and Avalon Morgenstern were so annoying that my blood was boiling with fire at the sight of them. Not to mention Adrian Pucey. I swear that boy will turn out either drowned in the lake, or burned by a fireplace. 

Over the last two days, I discovered that my elemental not only consisted of fire. I could also use the air and the water. Since Dumbledore suspended my lessons, I have a plan to develop my power on my own. How hard could it be? Personally I think I could do it quite easily.  

"POSIE!" I heard Fred's voice call the second he entered the empty common room. Everyone was at breakfast but my nerves kept me here. 

"Don't call me that!" I said with a hard glare on his direction. I noticed that he was alone. "Where's George and Lee?" 

"They're at breakfast." He shrugged. "Now, what is it?"

"I'm not hungry..." I murmured and turned to stare at the fireplace. There was no fire in it so I flicked my hand and started one. 

"I thought you said Remus warned you not to use your elemental?" Fred questioned. 

"He did." I responded. "But it's not something I can control. If I don't use it in small ways like this, I might snap." 

"Oh, alright." He said and stared at the flicking fire. I began to play with the fire, turning it up and down and forming little shapes with it too. Fred was staring mesmerized at the fire with a huge grin on his face. 

"How about you sing something?" He asked casually. I turned to stare at him. 

"What?" I gaped. 

"It's been a while since you've singed. I thought you might enjoy it." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. I smiled fondly at him and accioed the guitar Annie got me for the twin's birthday.  

"What do you wanna hear?" I asked Fred as I played with a few strings of my acoustic. 

"You know that I don't mind what you play, as long as you sing." He said, as he scooted a little closer to me. I smiled at him and his eyes widened, I tilted my head a little and he smiled even more widely. 

"I've never seen that colour before." He commented. I grabbed the mirror that he'd got me for christmas from my pocket and opened it. Sure enough, my eyes were a bright pink colour. I'd never seen it either, nor I had a clue as to what it meant. 

"It suits you." He said after I pocketed the mirror again. 

"Thanks." I mumbled and felt my cheeks turn pink. "Alright, let's see." I fidget with the strings of the guitar and took a deep breath.