-JEALOUS MUCH?-

• • • 

His, and his only.

• • •

ROSE'S POV: 

"What are you getting Lee for his birthday?" I asked the twins as we sat in the great hall. Lee was sleeping late today. 

Fred held a salt shaker in his hand and grinned. "This salt shaker!". I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm serious. His birthday is tomorrow and we got nothing!" I exclaimed. 

"We could sneak to the kitchens with the map and get him sweets." George said. 

"Actually, that's a great idea. Lee was saying the other day how he wanted cauldron cakes, but he couldn't get them." I relaxed more. I had been trying to get Lee something to show him that we know him, but I just couldn't come up with an idea. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and saw Cedric smiling down at me, I smiled back. 

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked me. Cedric and I had become good friends a little over a month after I first came to Hogwarts, much to the twins annoyance.   

"Sure." I said happily and jumped out of my seat. 

"I'll see you in defence you guys." I told the twins. George nodded but Fred just glared angrily at his plate. Strange.

I walked out of the great hall with Cedric. 

"How have you been?" Cedric asked me. 

"I've been good. You?" 

"Alright." He began shuffling with something in his pocket. My eyes turned yellow with confusion.

"Ced? Is everything okay?" I asked him concerned.

"Well, you see I-" He began struggling with his words. "I got you a present for christmas, but it took longer than expected to be delivered so I wanted to give it to you now." 

"Oh. Thank you. I'm sorry, I didn't get you anything." I apologized a little embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it. It wasn't a trouble." He said as he handed me a little box. I opened it and saw a beautiful rainbow lace bracelet, with a pair of pink earrings. I smiled to myself. 

"They're beautiful, thank you!" I said as I hugged him. When I let go I heard George calling for Fred at the other side of the hall, but Fred just stormed off in the opposite direction. 

FRED'S POV:         

"I'll see you in defence you guys." Rose said as she waved us goodbye. I avoided her gaze, and instead became interested in my plate. Once she was out of the great hall, George hit my shoulder hard. 

"What the hell?" I asked him angrily. 

"Acting like a jealous git won't get you anywhere, you know?" George said. 

"I'm not jealous." I said loudly to my brother. 

"Why are you jealous?" Lee asked as he took a seat on the table. 

"I'm not jealous!" I exclaimed. 

"He's jealous because Rose just left the great hall with Cedric Diggory." George said matter-of-factly. 

"Am not!" I huffed in annoyance. 

"Are too!" He replied. 

"Why do you say he's acting jealous?" Lee asked George. I threw my hands up in the air in even more annoyance.