-EMOTIONS IS KEY-

•••

A weapon?

A monster?

A child.

•••

ROSE'S POV: 

It was almost Halloween, on any other year it wouldn't've bothered me. But this year was different, this year I knew that it was my parent's dead anniversary. Moony had told me over the summer, so of course I wasn't on my best moods despite my friends planning the Halloween pranks. 

"Ro, can you give me your opinion about this one please?" I heard Fred asked. We were sitting in the common room planning our pranks. As I said, I wasn't to keen on pranking, besides my parents I was also having trouble with my elemental. 

"Rose?" Fred asked, I turned to look at him to find him staring at me with a confused look on his face. 

"I'm sorry, what was the question?" I asked him genuinely, he gave a deep sigh and placed his little scratch-book  on the table. 

"Alright, what is it? Rose, you've been acting sad for days now. Your eyes are currently grey! Have been for the past week." He admitted, by now both George and Lee had stopped doing what they were doing, and instead were paying attention to our conversation. I knew that if I lied, they were looking for another way of getting the truth out of me. 

"It's my elemental." I whispered. "I've been having trouble with it lately." 

"How come?" asked Lee, with a look of pure interest on his face. 

"Don't worry about it, I was planning on talking to Charlie about it anyway." I assured the boys, Lee and George nodded but Fred seemed wary. "Come one Fred, show me that prank!" His eyes immediately sparkled as he explained the functioned of his big prank. To be honest, the twins were smarter than they gave them credit for. 

Hours past, and eventually both George and Lee were passed out on the couch. Fred was barely keeping himself awake, as he sat down on a red bean-bag. I was sitting on the floor making sure all the pranks had a good escape plan, and a good sneaky entrance. The fire in the common room was slowly fading, meaning that I should probably go to bed. Of course, I didn't. Instead, I flickered my hand at the fireplace, and the fire restarted. Even though I was having trouble with my elemental, simple tasks such as turning up a fireplace, were still simple and easy to do. 

"You should really be more careful." I heard an amused voice say behind me. I turned around and saw the red head of Charlie Weasley.     

"Oh, it's just you." I said with a yawn. He chuckled and sat down next to me. 

"It's late, aren't you tired?" He asked me, I shook my head but another yawn came to me. "Why don't you want to sleep?"

"I'm revising the twin's notes." I stated, technically it wasn't a lie. "I want to make sure we don't get caught tomorrow." 

"What is it Rose? I know you, and quite frankly you should trust me enough with this kind of things." Charlie said, I took a deep breath and spoke. 

"Dumbledore keeps telling me to empty my mind when I use my elemental, but ever since I started doing that, my powers get more difficult to control. But whenever I am thinking of something happy or when i'm angry, my elemental works just fine." Charlie listened to my complains, and once in a while interrupted to add his bit of advice.