-MATCH IN THE RAIN-

• • •

• • •

There was a time, 

I used to look into my father's eyes

• • •

  Rose Potter had grown fond of quidditch after playing the sport for four years. She had worked hard to be the team's co-captain, and she adored playing in specially hard weather because she could prove to herself that she was as good at quidditch as anyone else in the team. However, staying up in the cold of the night to train for an upcoming quidditch match wasn't her favourite thing in the world. 

  In the morning of the match, as expected, the whole team was cranky. The Hogsmeade trip had been postponed all the way to Hallowe'en, which made everyone feel a little better because Hallowe'en meant Sunday, the day after the match. 

"Rose!" A voice called after the redhead when the Gryffindor was leaving for the first match of the season. As Rose turned, she came face to face with Cedric Diggory. 

"Hey, Ced," Rose greeted as the rest of the team walked down the pitch. 

"Morning, Rosie," he smiled, kissing her cheek. "Are we still on for tomorrow?" 

"Of course we are," Rose said as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "nine?" 

"Perfect," Cedric chuckled. "I'll meet you outside Gryffindor common room?" 

"Sounds good," she agreed. "Good luck on the match." 

"Good luck," Cedric kissed her cheek again and walked away. Rose jogging to keep up with her team who had already entered the changing rooms. 

"Alright, everyone," Oliver Wood said, starting with his pre-match ted talk. "Hufflepuff's got different techniques, they're faster and play with wit not strength. And their new captain, Cedric Diggory, has put up a brand new team." 

Angelina, Alicia and Rose giggled from where they were sitting. 

"What's so funny?" Oliver asked, annoyed. 

"He's that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" said Angelina, nudging Rose playfully whilst she felt the heat rise in her cheeks.

"Strong and silent," said Alicia with a sigh, and they started to giggle again.

"He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together," said Fred impatiently receiving a glare from Rose. "I don't know why you're worried, Oliver, Hufflepuffs are pushovers. Last time we played them, Harry caught the Snitch in about five minutes, remember?"

"I've heard he makes you feel quite special," sang Alicia, still on the Cedric topic and ignoring Fred's comment.

"Cedric Diggory, Hufflepuff's golden boy and Rose Potter's first boyfriend," announced Angelina, teasing Rose.