-NIGHTMARES-

• • • 

• • • 

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters

The hallways, they echoed and groaned

• • • 

Screams. Those were the first sounds Amara Morgenstern heard at midnight, ear piercing screams coming from the bedroom beside her's. 

Amara jumped out of bed, her hair was all over the place as she ran to the door and swung it open, running through the hallway and opening Rose's bedroom door. 

Inside, Amara saw Rose thrashing around on her own bed, sobs were coming from the young girl's mouth as she swung her legs and arms over the air. Amara heard footsteps behind her, but her attention was set on the fourteen year old girl. 

The Morgenstern girl ran towards her cousin, cradling the younger girl's head in her lap, running her hands through her ice blue hair. 

"Shh, Rosie, you're OK," Amara soothed, whispering quietly into Rose's ear. "It's just a nightmare, love, it's just a nightmare." 

"Please don't hurt him," Rose wailed. "He's my baby brother, please! Take me! Just, please don't hurt him!" 

"Shh, come on, Rose, you're fine," Amara continued to whisper, ignoring the two astonished faces standing in the doorway. "I'm here, you're safe, Harry's safe." 

Quite magically, Rose's cries ceased as her breath became steadier as Amara began singing a song under her breath. 

"What was that?" Avalon Morgenstern, who had been woken up by his cousin's screams and had been standing on the doorway of her bedroom with Seraphina Morgenstern, asked. 

Amara's head snapped towards her brother. "She's got nightmares sometimes," Amara explained quietly. 

"Why?" Seraphina, who had silent tears on her eyes, questioned. 

"I don't know," Amara admitted sadly, looking down to a sleeping Rose and back at her mother and brother. "I have a suspicion that she remembers how her parents died, but sometimes the nightmares are different. . . Like today."  

"Since when?" Wondered Seraphina, as she and Avalon walked over to the end of Rose's bed. 

"I don't know," Amara repeated. "I just know they have a trigger.

"A trigger?" Asked Avalon. 

"What does that mean?" Serapina asked, she had now moved over to were Amara and Rose were, stroking the latter's head fondly. 

"I don't know much," Amara mumbled. "I only know that she began with the nightmares a few days before the fire, after the fire they stopped, and they began again after she fell of her broom in the quidditch match. They stopped, but for some reason resumed again tonight."