-FLATS & FUTURES-

• • •

• • •

How my thoughts they spin me 'round

And how my thoughts they let me down

• • •

"It's awfully cold," Amara Morgenstern shivered as she, her brother, cousin and friend walked on the streets of Kensington. Avalon and Adrian had promised the girls a surprise, but of course, they forgot to inform them they would have to walk in the cold a while. "Couldn't we just apparated directly wherever we are going?"

"I second that," Rose muttered, pulling her coat closer to her body in an attempt to warm herself. She looked up at the sky, glaring at the clouds and to upcoming full moon that still wasn't there but still somehow managed to make her feel ill. She had explained it all to Remus, how she wouldn't transform but her emotions would drive her up a wall until she snapped. She told him how afraid she was of using her elemental, and how her senses had heightened.He didn't know what to tell her, he had no answer, just like Dumbledore. "Where are going, by the way?"

"You ask too many questions, both of you," Avalon chuckled, looking up and down the street before crossing. "You'll love it, I promise." 

"I would love a butter beer right now, come to think of it," Rose shuddered, her lips trembling.

"A fire whisky would be nice, too," Adrian commented as the four teenagers stepped into the stairs of an apartment complex. Avalon reached his hand to his pocket and pulled out a set of keys, picking the largest one and trying to open the lock.

"Just use your wand," Amara said, frustrated as her brother couldn't open a door after two minutes.

"Let me," Rose stepped up next to Avalon, taking the keys from his hands and opening the door without a struggle. Avalon looked at her in shock and amazement. "It's not that hard, Av, you've just never learned to open the door the Muggle way."

"Didn't think it would be that hard," he mumbled, holding the door open for the girls and Adrian. Rose sighed in relief as she stepped inside, it was warmer, and the inside of the tenement was beautiful. The lobby was decorated in grey furniture and the walls painted white and black, it looked classy and Rose was reminded of 'Le Masque Noir'; a private club she had attended the previous summer with her cousins.

"Come on," Adrian said, guiding them all to the lifts and pressing on the fifth button once they were inside, a giddy expression on his face. "I promise you'll love it!" 

Rose and Amara shared a look, both girls raising an eyebrow before stepping out of the lift. There were at least five doors on each side of the corridor, all white with golden handles and beautiful candles shining besides each door; a large window right at the end of the corridor, illuminating it all.