-HOGWARTS-

• • • 

I've got the magic,

in me...

• • • 

There was only one word that could come into Rose's mind as she saw the castle. MAGIC. The whole place was filled with magic, so dense that you could feel it in the air. As she entered the castle, Rose could hear chattering just at the other side of a big oak door. She was feeling nervous since the boys had told her all about the sorting that was about to take place. 

They were finally allowed to walk in and the sight left her dumbfounded. Five big tables each with a different color. Turning to her right, she caught sight of Charlie and Percy who both smiled warmly at her. In the middle of the hall was the sorting hat and Mcgonagall holding a piece of parchment. 

Mcgonagall began reading name after name, but Rose could not hear a word. She was too busy thinking back to that morning, she had run out of her car and left her parents. What was going to happen when she came back? She thought about writing a letter explaining her actions but there was no real explanation. She got lost in her thought until she felt someone nudge her arm. She looked to her right to see Fred motioning to go forwards. 

"Rose Lightbourn." Rose heard Mcgonagall say.

Rose walked up to the stool and sat down waiting to be sorted. She heard a voice just in her ear.

"Well hello, Miss Lightbourn" the voice said.

"Oh um... hi? Rose is fine."

"I see plenty of knowledge, very cunning and ambitious as well-" the voice said but Rose interrupted it.

"Pardon? You see what, where?" 

"I am reading your mind, my dear Rose. I am the sorting hat"  

"Oh makes sense." 

"Yes it does. Let's see then, you have survival instinct  for sure, a lot of nerve too, running out of the car like that. HA. What would dear Lily say about that?" continued the hat.

"Excuse me again, who is Lily"' Rose asked.

"You do not know who Lily is? Well then it is clear where to put you, better be... GRYFFINDOR!" yelled the hat. A roar of cheers came from the gryffindor table.

"Wait but what about Lily?" She tried to ask but the hat was taken of her head.

Rose's POV

Who in the world is Lily? It is the second time someone has mentioned this Lily girl in my presence. First Mcgonagall, then the sorting hat? What is going on? These are only examples of the thought that are coming to my head as I walk towards the Gryffindor table. Percy and Charlie both congratulate me on making  the house. I turn around and the sorting hat called the name 'Slytherin' at least two times since I was sorted. 

I watch as Lee got sorted into Gryffindor as well with a girl named Angelina Johnson who was talking to another girl in our table called Alicia Spinnet. I turned around to the twins and they both had matching grins on their faces. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if they didn't get sorted into Gryffindor with me. They were both my first and only friends apart from Lee.

"They will be in Gryffindor, don't you worry." Percy whispered in my ear. "Does two are too stupid to be in another house." I gave him a thankful smile and turn back to the twins. Percy was right, they were sorted into Gryffindor and where walking towards the table.