-THE DRAGON-

• • • 

• • • 

What a perfectly stupid 

time we would have 

• • • 

"C'mon, we have to tell her!" Ron hissed to Harry and Hermione one afternoon as they sat in the common room doing homework. 

"No way!" Hermione glared at Ron. "Why do you think she won't tell on us?" 

"Because she is Rose!" Argued Ron, he would defend Rose at any rate. "I've known her since I was nine! She's been coming to christmas and summer holidays ever since then! I know her, Hermione! She's like my sist—" 

Before Ron could finished his sentence, he caught himself in the statement and sent a wary look to Harry, who had gone very stiff all of the sudden. 

"Sorry, mate. I didn't— I just..." Ron stuttered. 

"It's fine," Harry smiled up at Ron. "You've known her longest, I think you should decide whether we tell Rose or not." 

"Tell me what?!" Rose had appeared at Ron's shoulder with a  bright grin on her face and her carefree eyes. Ron jumped on his seat before he cleared his throat and turned to her. 

"Rosie!" Ron cheered, laughing nervously. "You scared me." 

"Sorry, Ronnie." Rose gave him a heartfelt smile before she turned back to the other two first-years. "Tell me what?" 

"Nothing!" Hermione and Harry replied scanalized. Ron just sat there quiet, he knew he couldn't lie to her. Rose then caught a glimpse of something red and sore on Ron's finger. 

Rose reached for his hand quickly and examined his finger. 

"Wait!" Ron tried to intervene but Rose had a strong grip. 

"Ronnie, what happened?" Rose whispered, passing her finger over what appeared to be a bite.  

"I-er—" Ron stammered, but in that moment Rose felt what it was. After all she had gotten some of those herself over the holidays. 

"This is a dragon bite!" She said loudly, luckily not many people were inside the common room. "Where did you get this? Ronnie, dragon bites are poisonous!" 

"I can explain!" Ron said as he raised his hands over his head, he had gone white as a sheet. Hermione was biting her lip anxiously and was looking directly at Rose. 

"You bloody well will!" Rose scold, she got out her wand and muttered a spell under her breath which would make Ron's bite to close and extract most of the venom. "You'll have to go to Madam Pomfrey, though, Ronald." 

"It's Hagrid," Harry finally spoke, he sensed the warning look Hermione was shooting him but he ignored her. "He's doing something, er, illegal?"