-THE SECOND TASK-

• • •

• • •

You're crying all the night

Your eyes are made of glass

• • •

Harry Potter was nervous. He had ten minutes to the Second Task, and he hadn't seen his best friends or his sister. He was running through Hogwarts like a mad man, knowing that there was only one group of people who would know were Rose was.

Thankfully, he saw them leaving the Great Hall with smiles on their faces, all of them talking to each other happily. They didn't even seem to notice as he hurried over to them, a frown etched on his face.

Amara Morgenstern saw him first, her eyes growing confused as she nudged her brother and made him turn to. Amara and Avalon looked exactly the same, that's what Harry thought, the same dark eyes and sharp jaws. But it was Adrian Pucey who really intimidated Harry, his gaze was boring into Harry's, almost daring him to say a word; his aristocrat features keen on his tanned face. A single fleeting thought of how Rose's and Pucey's kids would look like crossed his mind; maybe they would have her hair and his face, he shook it off, blaming the prophet for putting that idea in his head. 

"Harry," Amara greeted, a smile gracing her face. "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"Have you seen Rose?" Harry gulped, his eyes pleading that they would say yes; the words of the golden egg itching in his brain, almost as if he knew the answer.

"Rose?!" Adrian Pucey asked, his eyes went wide as he stepped closer to the green-eyed boy. "What happened to her? Was she not with you?"

"S – sh – she was," Harry stammered, the boy in front of him didn't take his eyes off him. Amara and Avalon exchanged a worried look over the boy's shoulders. "But she wasn't there when I woke up! I thought maybe she'd be with you-"

"Go down to the lake, Harry," Amara said, her voice cold and her eyes colder.

"But Rose-"

"We'll take care of Rose," Avalon replied harshly, placing a hand on Harry's shoulder and turning him to the direction of the doors to leave the castle. "Go; we'll find her." 

Harry couldn't protest, they didn't give them the chance before they hurried off to Gryffindor Tower. For one moment, Harry wondered why he hadn't accepted going with his cousins over the Holidays, they seemed worried enough about Rose and he couldn't help but hope they would someday worry about him the same way.

Halfway through the stairs of Gryffindor Tower, Adrian's heart was beating faster by the minute; he climbed two stairs at the time frantically. He could hear Rose's voice in his mind telling him that they would take the champion's most prized possession for the tournament, he could just hope she wasn't Harry's. He looked down at his watch, the tournament had started almost ten minutes ago; they were wasting time looking for her in her dorm. He knew she wasn't in Gryffindor Tower, he knew.