-CHEMISTRY-

• • •

• • •

you can not acquire chemistry, 

it's just there

• • •

Rose dwelled on Mcgonagall's letter all night. Even if Amara had tried to assured her cousin that it was nothing, she couldn't get the thought out of her head. She kept coming back to the same thing. Sirius Black. Rose was sure that was the reason Mcgonagall wanted to meet with her, after all, Remus had told her that Black would look for her, but without an explanation. 

Of course, the most responsible thing from Remus would've been telling why Black was so desperate to find her, but Rose thought perhaps Mcgonagall was about to break the ice. 

So on the morning of her parent's death anniversary, Rose put on a jumper and a heavy coat as she got ready for her date with Cedric. She had a nice quiet breakfast with Harry after he was allowed out of the Hospital Wing, she insisted to her friends that she did not wish 'moral support' for it, and for once, they backed off. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay, Harry?" Rose asked her brother for the fifth time that morning as she walked towards the door of her common room. Rose was not sure if Harry knew that Hallowe'en was their parent's death date, but she had a feeling he did because when she asked to have breakfast with him alone, the look on his face was something Rose couldn't get out of her head for the rest of the day. 

"I'll be alright, Rosie," Harry smiled up at her from the common room sofa. 

"OK, I'll stop trying to big-sister you," Rose laughed, walking to Harry to give him a last hug, kissing his head fondly and forcing the tears to stay in. Perhaps Harry wasn't that emotional about his parents, but it was a topic that never failed to bring out a tear out of Rose's colourful eyes. "Have a good day, baby brother." 

"Not a baby anymore, Rose!" Harry called as Rose fled the common room, laughing to herself. 

Cedric was already waiting for her as she left the common room. They made small talk all the day down to Hogsmeade, they decided to walk instead of taking the carriages. As a matter of fact, Rose had insisted on walking, knowing that the second that she saw the Thestrals she would sink into the floor and wouldn't be able to pick herself the whole day. 

"What do you want to do?" Cedric asked as they reached Hogsmeade. The small town was filled with Hogwarts students, as expected, and Rose saw all of her friends from a distance. George and Annie were walking out of Zonkos together, Fred and Angelina had just gone in to Madam Pudifoot's tea shop and Lee was hanging out with Kenneth Towlers and Alicia Spinet. 

"Do you want to get a butterbeer at the Three broomsticks?" Rose asked, eager to guard herself from the cold. "We could go to Honeydukes after." 

"Sounds great," Cedric smiled taking her hand and walking inside the pub.