-THE MIRROR OF ERISED-

• • • 

• • • 

Now you're all I want

And I knew it from the very first moment

• • • 

Rose and Remus walked up to King Cross station at the end of the holidays. Rose wore a forest green jumper Adrian Pucey had owled her for christmas, under a jean-jacket Remus had gifted to her, claiming that it had been James' when he first started dated Lily. 

"I can walk inside the platform on my own, Uncle Remus." Rose said, amused as Remus kept asking her if there was anything he could get her before she left for Hogwarts. 

"Oh, I know that, Rose." Remus sighed. "I just want you to be comfortable, that's all. You'll be alone on the train since your friends didn't leave for christmas." 

"I won't be alone, Moony." Rose said, passing through the barrier. "I've got other friends." 

"Alright then, have a good term, Rosie." Remus kissed her cheek fondly, before he turned on his heel and left platform 9 3/4. 

Rose raised her trunk up the train, and moved away quickly. She saw Cedric Diggory saying goodbye to his parents, so she hurried over to him in order to give him a late christmas present. She hadn't had time to send it with Jamsie since she had only found it on the village near Remus' shack. 

She pushed past the other students and finally reached Cedric, who was about to aboard the train. "Oi, Ced!" 

Cedric whirled around to face her, a bright smile on his mouth once he saw her face. "Rose! Good holiday?" 

"It was great, thank you." She replied. Cedric eyed her hair. 

"New haircut?" Cedric asked, Rose nodded while taking a little box from her pocket. "Look's nice." 

"Thanks," Rose said, she handed him the box which contained a muggle mood-ring. "This is an late christmas present, hope you like it." 

She didn't wait for a response before she turned away just as the whistle sounded through the platform. Rose walked away, laughing as she saw Cedric trying to figure out how the muggle ring worked. She had been so distracted, that naturally she bumped into someone. 

"Sorry," She said as an instinct. She raised her head only to meet the beautiful mysterious eyes of Adrian Pucey, his jaw was even more set than it had been two weeks ago. "Adrian!" 

"Rose! I didn't recognize you with that new hair-cut!" Adrian beamed, he pushed a strand of Rose's hair on the back of her ear and smiled at the Gryffindor. 

"It was a spur of the moment," Rose confessed, being aware that her cheeks had turned pink. "Does it look good?" Suddenly Rose was feeling self-conscious about her new hair, even if Ginny and Charlie had both assured her that it looked brilliant.