Chapter 161

"GOD, YOU'RE so handsome," Soleil said in surprise. When she realized what she just said, she gently slapped her mouth with her other hand. What are you saying, you shameless mouth?

Thankfully, the handsome guy didn't seem to care about what she said.

He just looked at her with a blank look on his (very, very, very handsome) face (that shouldn't be allowed to exist).

Come on, how can someone be that good-looking?

She was pretty confident with the way she looked. But after seeing that guy's face, she decided to live humbly from now on.

My face pales in comparison with his.

Anyway, she waited for the handsome man to speak to her again. But he just ignored her, squatted, and proceeded to count the snakes flocking around him. He never threw her a glance again. It was as if she wasn't there.

He's seriously counting the snakes!

She hated feeling like she had to catch his attention or something.

In the first place, she had a loving family. Her parents and her older brother showered her with love and praises ever since she was born. In the village of the Fire Mages clan, she was also the center of attention.

After all, her parents were the leaders of the clan while her older brother was the one who could manifest as a phoenix.

In short, she was used to being fawned over.

And to be ignored by the first man I find attractive hurts my pride.

Soleil cleared her throat. "Excuse me," she said. When the stoic (but very, very, very handsome) man didn't even turn to her, she continued. "Can you please melt the ice around me? I want to get out from this giant ice cube."

She could melt the ice, of course.

But she wanted an excuse to talk to the guy she fancied.

He still didn't even turn to her though. Instead, he just raised a hand and snapped his fingers. As soon as he did, the huge walls of ice around her suddenly became water…

… soaking her from head to toe.

So cold!

Okay, he did get rid of the ice. But still…

"You could have warned me first," she complained while hugging herself tight. God, the water was so cold and her body was shivering. "I don't do well in the cold, you know?"

The handsome young man just stood and gave her a "not-my-problem" look. Then, he turned his back on her and started to walk away. The snakes making hissing sounds were following his trail. Ah, no.

They are his "children."

She wasn't a fool to believe that. And she could tell that those snakes were just ordinary snakes. They weren't children cursed to turn out like that. She understood why he said that though.

It's just like how I consider my brother and Ainsworth as my "children."

"Hey, how did those snakes become your children?" she asked, playing dumb. "Are they cursed or something?"

Her acting paid-off.

"I'm sorry for almost hurting your "children,"" she said. It was self-defense on her part but she didn't want to sound like she was making a lame excuse. Instead, she just politely bowed her head. "Kids, this big sister is really sorry."

The handsome young man seemed satisfied. His golden eyes glowed beautifully. But again, he didn't say anything. He just turned his back on her and walked away again. This time, he didn't stop or glance back at her.