Chapter 44

TILLY was in the carriage while looking outside the window.

She brought Lani with her and she was sitting across her. Sitting beside the young maid was Damian– the one Kiho assigned to be her personal knight. Because Damian was still being punished, Kiho didn't send him with the squad and made him "house sit" the Black Serpent Knights' barracks.

[But it's still not official.]

Kiho wanted Blake to be her personal knight but she refused. Being a bodyguard didn't suit a vice-captain like Blake. Personally, she wanted the vice-captain to be by her husband's side because he was the one Kiho trusted most among the Black Serpent Knights.

[Plus, only Blake can scold Kiho and stop him from overworking. If the vice-captain becomes my personal knight, who's going to look after my husband?]

But she wasn't saying that she wanted Blake to "babysit" Kiho, okay?

[Oh!]

Her thoughts were cut-off when she saw a familiar boy in front of a weapon store called 'Equip.'

"Stop the carriage," Tilly said when she turned to Lani and Damian. "I'll step out for a while. Lani, you stay here and wait. Damian, you go with me."

"As you wish, Lady Prescott," Lani and Damian said at the same time.

A few moments later, she got down the carriage while being assisted by Damian.

Lani stayed behind with the coachman to find a place where they could park the carriage since they couldn't just leave it in front of the shopping district.

"My lady, are we going to the weapon store?" Damian, who was walking behind her, asked. "Are you going to buy a present for Captain Kiho?"

"If I find something interesting, I will," Tilly said. When they entered the store, she smiled widely when she confirmed that she wasn't mistaken with what she saw a while ago. "Flint."

Flint turned to her and when recognition crossed his eyes, he smiled and ran towards her. "Big sister!"

The child was about to hug her but Damian stood in front of her and literally blocked the boy.

"It's okay, Damian," she told the knight. "I know the boy. Just wait outside for me." Her gaze went past the little boy to focus on his "guardian." "I don't think I'll be harmed anyway if Captain Denver is here."

Yep, the captain of the Red Phoenix Knights was also there. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"And contact Kiho," she told the young knight. "Tell him that I'm here."

When she talked to Kiho a while ago using their linked communication device (a couple ear stud made of black diamond pierced in their upper lobe), he said that he was near Sky Plaza. She asked Damian to call Kiho instead because it was his job to report to her husband anyway.

[And I'm avoiding using my communication device in public. The "couple communication ear stud" is part of the new collection that Prescott's Choice will launch in the market soon. I have to keep its function a secret for now.]

"As you wish, my lady," Damian said with a bow before he left the store.

"Big sister, I'm glad to see you again," Flint said, then he politely bowed to her. "I received the food that you sent for me and my brother, big sister. We shared it with everyone and we all enjoyed them. Thank you."

She smiled at how happy Flint looked now.

To be honest, she wanted to invite Flint and Julian to her wedding. But she didn't want them to be seen by the royal family. So instead, she just sent them food with a big quantity enough to share with the guild.