Chapter 194

"It's a long story," the Red Phoenix said. "But I'll tell you that you were able to conceive the reincarnation of the Supreme because of your blood."

"My blood?"

He nodded. "I can tell that you came from the bloodline of a powerful Sun Priestess. People like you are also Fire Mages. But you don't have strong Manas. The purpose of Sun Priestesses is usually to give birth to powerful Fire Mages."

"I don't like how it sounds."

"That's how it was in the past," the god said. "Anyway, now that you know what kind of Fire Mage your baby is, I want you to be careful–"

"Marianne!"

She looked up when she heard Maverick's voice above them.

Only then did she realize that the prayer room she was in had changed. As far as she remembered, she was in a room with the statues of the Four Ancient Beasts. But right now, she was in a prayer room with only the statue of the Red Phoenix.

"It seems like it's time for you to go for now," Lord Wixx said. When she turned to him, she saw him snap his fingers. "See you later, Sun Priestess."

Before Marianne could even complain, she suddenly felt sleepy…

***

"MARIANNE, what happened?"

Actually, Marianne didn't know what happened to her too.

When she woke up, she was already lying on the bed of their chamber. Apparently, Maverick found her unconscious in the prayer room dedicated to the Four Ancient Beasts.

That was definitely not the room where I met the Red Phoenix.

Anyway, it was a good thing that her husband decided to pick her up at the temple. She was glad that he found her right away. She didn't want anything bad to happen to their baby.

"Maverick?"

"Hmm?"

"I met the Red Phoenix in the temple."

As expected, her husband looked shocked. "Did you purposely go to the prayer room of the Four Ancient Beasts to "talk" to the Red Phoenix?"

She was glad that her husband was sharp.

They never failed to visit the temple once a week. But instead of the prayer room for the Four Ancient Beasts, they would just pray at the "general" praying room. She was certain that Maverick found it strange that she was in the special praying room instead.

"I talked to the royal princess," she said. "She told me that all she needs is to summon the sky beast. So we agreed to work with each other."

Maverick looked surprised by that. "Marianne, was that the best choice that you have?"

She nodded. "I know that House Prescott is a strong family. But we also both know that we can't win against the royal family yet. If the royal princess announce that me and our baby are Fire Mages, it's over for us."

She shook her head, then she cupped his face. "That's not true, Maverick," she consoled him. "Everyone is powerless against the royal family."

"You're too kind to me, Marianne."

She just laughed it off. "Maverick, our best course of action right now is to work with the royal princess. But please act like you don't know that I'm a Fire Mage. I also didn't mention to Her Royal Highness that House Denver is the leader of the surviving Fire Mages."

"You made the royal princess believe that no one else knows your real identity?"

She nodded. "I don't want anyone else to get involved in this."