Chapter 152

"I ALREADY know why you're here, Duke Nystrom," Aku, who was sitting on the throne, told him. "Captain Denver was here a while ago."

Kiho remained standing still in front of the emperor.

I'm here now, Tilly.

He was currently in the throne room and this time, they weren't alone. Two of His Majesty's aide were there– Duke Alastair (gray hair and beard, dark blue eyes, medium build) and Count Dasovich (light brown hair tied in a low pony tail, chocolate brown eyes, small build). Like everyone in the palace, the two older nobles were dressed fancily.

Anyway, the presence of the advisors was exactly why the emperor called him by his title and not by his first name like he usually did.

"First of all, I offer my condolences to House Prescott and House Nystrom," His Majesty continued in a sympathetic voice. "Lord Prescott's passing is definitely a huge loss to the empire. Please extend my condolences to Lady Nystrom as well."

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Kiho said with a polite bow.

But even before he could state the reason for his visit, the emperor continued speaking.

"I already gave Captain Denver the permission to travel to the North with the Red Phoenix Knights. Aside from the retrieval of the remains of Lord Prescott and Lord Denver, I also gave them the right to stay there for as long as they need to investigate," Emperor Aku said. "We will punish whoever they are who took the lives of two of the empire's pillars."

He almost raised a brow at that.

The territory in the North was owned by Father. Since I inherited the land, Captain Denver asked for our permission to step foot on our new territory. But His Majesty is talking like he owns Father's land in the North.

He had always known that the emperor was greedy. But now he realized how bad it was.

"Duke Nystrom, I hope you're not here to say that you'll join Captain Denver's troop," Emperor Aku said. "I can't allow two of the captains of the Four Orders to leave the empire at the same time."

He clenched his fists.

His Majesty was obviously reminding him that the "one year vacation" that he gave him was almost over. After all, the emperor never really accepted his resignation as the captain of the Black Serpent Knights. That was why until now, Blake's position in the official records remained as "temporary captain."

"I trust Captain Denver with the retrieval of our fathers' remains, as well as the investigation of their death, Your Majesty," Kiho said in a polite tone. "I am here for another reason."

"Oh," the emperor said, obviously curious. "Then, state your business now, Duke Nystrom."

"Last night, my wife Lady Nystrom gave birth to our son."

His Majesty didn't look surprise at all.

As expected, he already knows that Winter was born last night.

Ah, Count Dasovich belongs to the Royal Faction. Of course, he'll be happy to hear that the "child of the prophecy" was now born.

"Congratulations for being a father, Duke Nystrom," Duke Alastair said. "But isn't it a little bit early than Duchess Nystrom's due date? How is the baby?"

He didn't like that the duke seemed to only care about Winter. Duke Alastair's tone was so dismissive of Tilly. But he did his best to stay calm and composed. "Lady Nystrom and our son Winter are both safe and healthy, thankfully," he said to Duke Alastair. "Thank you for asking, Duke Alastair."