Chapter 143

KIHO's heart broke while watching Tilly's exhausted face.

After Miss Luna gave a bath to his wife, they immediately changed her into dry and warm clothes. Then, he carried Tilly to the bed and tucked her under the thick blanket. She wanted to be near their now sleeping son so he put the "ice incubator" beside her. Only then did she finally fall asleep.

Rest well, honey, he said in his mind, then he kissed her forehead. He sat on the edge of the bed, right beside his wife. You did well.

"I found this," Saint Forrester said. "I think this is a remnant of Lady Nystrom's communication device."

When Kiho turned to the saint, he saw him holding a burnt piece of a spirit stone. "My wife wears pieces of jewelry with spirit stones, Your Holiness. How do we know if that's the communication device that she wears as an earring?"

"Spirit stones have different aura in them," the saint explained. "I can tell that this used to be a communication device."

"But even if you were right, it's already burnt."

"My divine power allows me to turn back time for a few minutes," he explained without batting an eye. "I can also turn back time to "see" the "memories" of the object in my hand." He turned to him. "Duke Nystrom, you told me that Lady Nystrom received a call from Lord Prescott. If I turn back time for this communication device, we would be able to hear their conversation. Would you like me to hear it?"

"Only with my wife's permission."

"Kiho…"

He immediately turned to his wife and was surprised to see her looking up at him with barely opened eyes. It looked like Tilly's sleep was only light. "Yes, honey?"

"It's okay," Tilly said in a weak voice. "I want you to hear my last conversation with Father. He left a message to you."

He felt gutted when he heard that. Father…

"Father asked me to relay his last message to you. But I think it would be better if you hear it from him," she said in a cracked voice, tears swelling up in the corner of her eyes. But thankfully, her Mana remained stable. "And I want to hear Father's voice again."

Ah, his heart ached for his poor wife.

"We'll listen to it together, honey," Kiho whispered to his wife, then he pulled her closer to his side. "Are you ready?"

Tilly nodded weakly, then she laid her head on his chest. "Thank you, Kiho."

"Then, let's do it," Saint Forrester said, his hand glowing in a golden light. "I'm going to play the "memories" of this communication device now."

***

LUNA immediately pushed Captain Denver when she felt hostile presence around them, then she stood up and got on high alert.

It looked like the captain also felt it because he immediately stood up, not minding the fact that she just pushed him. Instead, he looked around while touching the arm band in his right arm. He looked ready to fight just like she was.

"Go inside and protect the servants of the mansion," the captain whispered back. "I'll deal with the enemies here. The Nystroms already have too much on their plates so let's help them as much as we can."

She nodded. "Are you sure you're okay, Captain Denver?"

The captain just lost his father.

She knew that as a captain and as an heir, he was prepared for anything. And yet, to her, Captain Denver was still a child.