Chapter 146

WINTER wanted to roll his eyes while watching his parents act lovey-dovey.

Hello, Mom and Dad? I'm here. Don't ignore me.

It was frustrating that his mother and father couldn't hear him the way the sketchy saint could. But he couldn't do anything about it. After all, before he was given the chance to be reborn again, he agreed to several terms.

Limitations, to be precise.

First and foremost, he couldn't tell his parents what he discovered in his past life. If he did, the memories of his previous life would be erased. He was desperate to make it up with his mommy so even though the terms didn't favor him, he agreed to it.

Most of all, he did it for his mother.

I'm so sorry for being a useless son in the past, Mommy.

He extended his little hand to reach his mother. But of course, he just touched the ice wall of his incubator. To be honest, he didn't need it anymore. He absorbed enough Mana from his father to say that he was already fully-recovered. Even though he was born prematurely, he could say that his life wasn't in danger anymore.

I want to come out and feel my mommy's warmth.

In his past life, he refused to use his fire because of his "hatred" for his mother. To simply put, he didn't learn how to wield it properly. Plus, in the past, his father told him to keep his fire Mana a secret because apparently, it wasn't normal for a person to produce fire without the help of magical weapons– just like what Fire Wielders used.

Right. Back then, we never found out that Mommy was a Fire Mage.

Well, he didn't. He wasn't sure if his father found out his mother's true origin.

After all, Winter was killed just a few years after his mommy's execution.

The pain that he felt in his heart when he remembered the tragedy of his past life made his little body warm– very warm, actually.

Before he knew it, the ice incubator started to melt.

Oh, am I a Fire Mage genius?

It seemed like that caught his parents' attention.

His father saw it first. Then, he informed his mother. The two had a short conversation before they turned to him at the same time.

They both looked shocked and amazed by what he did.

"Oh my baby," his mommy said while walking towards him, his father following her closely behind like a puppy.

Well, he remembered that even though the last few years of his parents' marriage had been hell, his father had been a good husband to his mother. He was respectful and protective of her. But he was too young to know then if it was love.

This time though, it looks like their relationship has improved so much.

"Winter," his mommy said with a smile when she finally reached him. Then, she sat on the edge of the bed and placed her hands on the ice incubator. She helped him melt the ice with her own Mana. Ah, it felt warmer than he imagined. "Do you want to come out now?"

It seemed like he succeeded because his mother gasped, then her beautiful smile widened. After that, she looked up at his daddy who stood behind her. "Hon, did you see that? Our Baby Winter smiled!"

"I saw it, honey," his father said while looking at his mommy's face. "I understand our little rascal though. Even I want to smile automatically whenever I see your beautiful face, Tilly."