Chapter 20

[COME to think of it, I can't remember what happened to Princess Nia after she was exiled from the empire.]

The only thing Tilly remembered was the fact that Her Royal Highness was sent to a far-away country with Catalina and a knight from the Blue Dragons. Since the emperor made a deal with the Noble Faction, the princess's life was spared.

[But in my past life, I never saw the princess again until the day I died.]

Her gut feeling was telling her that the Princess Nia was involved in her past tragedy. But she couldn't find a logical reason as to why the princess would expose her secret just to ruin her life. Plus, House Prescott had always been loyal to the royal family.

[I guess I need to investigate first.]

"Lady Prescott, are you listening?"

"Huh?" Tilly asked Blake in bewilderment, then blinked a few times before she realized that she spaced out. "Oh. What were you saying again, Sir Blake?"

[Gosh, I should stop thinking about the past for the meantime and focus on my surprise welcome for Kiho.]

To surprise her fiancé, the Emperor Aku prepared an ordinary carriage for her and Sir Blake. If they used a fancy carriage from the royal family or House Prescott, Kiho would surely find her right away.

[And so, here we are now.]

She was on an uncomfortable ride with Blake as they travel the long road to the Lunar Island. It was a private island owned by the royal family.

According to Emperor Aku, Kiho would return home using the portal from Pillas connecting to the Lunar Island. The captain already used the portal in the royal palace and it takes time before the Mana that powers it to get replenished.

And thus, Kiho had to use another gateway. Plus, the captain would be bringing a ship with him this time. It wouldn't fit in the portal from the royal palace. So he really had no choice but to use the one in the Lunar Island even if it was a little far from the Royal Capital.

"My lady, are you tired?" Blake asked with a hint of worry in his usually nonchalant voice. "I can ask the coachman to stop for a while."

Tilly shook her head. "We can't surprise Sir Kiho if we're late. I'm fine. Thank you for worrying about me, Sir Blake."

"I'm just doing my job, Lady Prescott," he said.

She just smiled at that. "Anyway, what were you saying about Flint again?"

Yesterday, she asked Blake to make sure that the boy they met at the plaza would come home safely. For that reason, the knight had to leave her side. He wasn't allowed to enter the Moonflower Palace. Apparently, while she was asleep in the princess's residence, Catalina talked to Blake and asked him to go back in the morning to pick her up.

After Blake picked her up from the palace a while ago, they went back to the Prescott Mansion first. She asked for her father's permission to fetch Kiho from Lunar Island. Since it was Emperor Aku's idea, the duke didn't have the choice but to allow her to go.

As soon as she finished packing her things, the ordinary carriage that the emperor prepared for her came to pick her up.

"The child called 'Flint' is a notorious liar, apparently," Blake reported to her. "According to the Golden Tiger knights I talked to, the kid has been spreading rumors about the return of the Fire Mages across the capital."

Her forehead knotted in confusion. "Why would he do something as dangerous as that?"

Kiho told her that the Fire Mages were banned from the empire a long time ago because of a dispute with the royal family. Spreading rumors about the apparent return of the Moonchesters's enemies could be considered treason.