Chapter 172

Emperor Aku remained silent on the other line.

He must be fuming right now.

And the emperor's silence was giving her more confidence.

My plan is working.

She just needed a little more push.

"Your Majesty, I'll tell you a little secret of mine," she continued, her voice sounding more and more mocking as the minute passed by. "I was once reborn in a modern world much different than our own. And you know what? I learned an interesting term during my time there. Marrying a relative is called inc*st. And it's not only illegal– it's also frowned upon."

Again, she didn't hear a word from the emperor.

Strangely enough, despite His Majesty's silence, she could feel his anger despite being physicall far from him.

"Your incestuous relationship with your twin sister is seriously nasty," she said in a tone filled with disgusting. "You and Her Royal Highness are disgusting. If we were in the modern world, the baby that Princess Nia would have with you would definitely have birth defect. It's a sign that siblings– much more twins– aren't supposed to have a child together. Your "love" for the princess is insanity."

"Lady Nystrom," Emperor Aku called her in a threatening cold voice. "Stop."

Finally, a reaction.

She responded to that by laughing scornfully. "If I were Princess Nia, I'd do the same. No sane woman would want to have her twin brother's child, you fool."

 "You don't have to provoke me, Lady Nystrom," the emperor said in a low tone that sounded like he was controlling his anger. "I will really kill you right after I'm done with His Holiness."

She wasn't gonna lie– that threat sent chills down her spine.

Still, she held our ground. This time, she didn't have to pretend to be confident. Remembering the fact that she once saved a child named Aku Moonchester was enough to make her angry– angry at herself for saving a monster back then.

"We've met before. Haven't we, Aku Moonchester?" she asked coldly, completely dropping the formalities.

"What part of your memory as Soleil Rosenberg have you retrieved so far?"

"The most regretting part, unfortunately," she deadpanned. "If I could turn back time, I wouldn't save your ungrateful ass back then, Aku Moonchester."

He laughed bitterly. "How do you feel now that the child you saved back then is your executioner this time?"

Being reminded of his beloved's infertility seemed to break him this time.

Aku Moonchester let out an angry and agonizing scream.

"Miss Luna," Tilly whispered to the witch. "Run."

***

TO SAY that Aku was mad would be an understatement.

Before he lost himself to his anger, he shut his eyes tight.

He wanted to destroy everything and everyone around him. But when he was just about to do so, he felt the burst of energy in the room. When he turned to the spot where he left the saint and the witch, they were already gone.

That was when he realized that Lady Nystrom's call was a distraction.

And I fell right into her trap.

Damn it.

He contemplated whether he would chase them or not. Still, the urge to confront Nia outweighed his need to kill the saint. He left the prayer room to go to his beloved's room. It was a quick trip since the princess was also in the temple, just in a different building.