Chapter 166

"WELCOME back, Lord Ripperton."

Elis was back at the shrine. Much to his annoyance, he found Aku Moonchester sitting on his coffin while having tea. He may have agreed to be the Guardian of the Moonchesters– but that didn't mean that he had to like the "royal" family. "You're still here," he said while tying his hair up with the belt of his robe that he used as a ponytail.

Then, he summoned his sharp wind to cut his hair off.

Aku whistled as if he was amused by what he did. "Have you cracked the seal in Lady Nystrom's memory?"

"The seal in her memory is very strong. I was only able to crack a portion of it," he said, then his brows furrowed in confusion. "Wait, "Lady Nystrom?""

"Kiho chose 'Nystrom' as his family name this time," the emperor explained. "I sealed the memories of his past life but for some reason, he was still able to remember that name."

"After all these years, you can't still do anything right," he mocked him while brushing his now short hair with his fingers.

"I see that your tongue is as sharp as ever, Lord Ripperton," the emperor said with a smile, but he could see a glint of anger in his red eyes. "But don't forget that right now, I'm the emperor of Moonchester Empire."

He scoffed. "You just stole everything from the crown to the land where your "empire" is built, Aku."

Aku was obviously insulted because he let out a killing aura.

Of course, he didn't let a mere human threaten him. He released a bloodlust much stronger than the emperor's. "You're just a child who failed to be a god, Aku Moonchester," he said menacingly. "Know your place."

The emperor, now calm, just laughed it off. "We're not enemies, Lord Ripperton," he said. "I apologize for crossing the line."

He just rolled his eyes. "Aku Moonchester, you haven't forgotten about our deal, have you?"

That deal was the only reason why he agreed to be the Moonchesters' Guardian.

"Of course I haven't," the emperor assured him. "As soon as I crushed Lady Nystrom's heart, she's all yours."

"It's not Soleil's heart," he corrected him. "The heart inside her right now is Winchell's."

When Winchell gave his heart to Soleil, that jerk was already a Beast God. Winchell's heart as the Red Phoenix was special. It doesn't matter even if the heart was incomplete. As long as the huge part of it was inside Soleil's body, she'd live. That was one of the strange but useful abilities of the Red Phoenix.

As soon as Soleil remembers her past, the pieces of Winchell's heart scattered all over the world will return to complete the heart.

And once that happened, Soleil's Mana would return to its original state.

"I'll take care of it," he said. "All I need is for you to make it look like that you killed Soleil so that Nystrom won't look for her anymore."

He also needed Aku to crush Winchell's heart so that the Red Phoenix's connection to Soleil would finally get cut off.

Unfortunately, only the emperor could crush Winchell's heart and keep her alive after that.

That crucial moment was what he was after. He needed Aku's ability to "revive" a person in the brink of dead. Once that moment was over, he could finally have Soleil to himself.

For that reason, he gave up a lot of things as a god.

"I will help you get Lady Nystrom in this lifetime, Lord Ripperton," Aku promised him, then he stood up with his cup of tea in his hand. "I'll prepare a room for you, my lord."