Chapter 183

Aside from the fact that the island was floating, it was just as normal as any prosperous kingdom. According to Aunt Luna, the Solarium was as big as their family's dukedom.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to see Oakes when we were still in the Royal Capital.

Anyway…

As soon as he got out of the house, he looked up to look at the blue sky.

Ordinary people wouldn't see it but he was different. He could clearly see a very thin but very powerful barrier around the whole island. He loved his Aunt Luna but the barrier that she could create was nothing compared to the barrier surrounding Solarium.

If the barrier of the island was weak, then it would have crashed down a long time ago.

It's amazing how the air up here is still normal.

And it was definitely because of the barrier.

The houses in the island were like the houses of average islands. Even their house was just a little bigger than the rest. The life there was simple and the poverty rate was very low. It was probably thanks to the low population (compared to the empire below) and the good leadership skills of the Fire Archmage.

Almost everyone here knows each other.

The Solarium was composed of five floating islands.

Of course, the center island was called the Main Capital. That was where they lived.

The Fire Archmage's temple is also here.

The four other islands connecting to the Main Capital were simply called North Island, East Island, West Island, and South Island. Each island was being supervised by the Keepers.

And they are called Lords (and Lady for Kelsi, the only female Keeper).

The surprising thing that he found out about the island was the fact that not only Fire Mages lived up there.

According to the stories that he heard from the adults, when the Fire Mages escaped from the empire to avoid execution, they also brought most of their followers with them. So right now, the citizens of the Solarium could be classified into five "categories."

1. The Rosenbergs– the direct descendants of Winchell, the Red Phoenix.

2. The Keepers– he was yet to know the story behind the Keepers of the Supreme.

3. The Fire Mages– the clan where the Rosenbergs originated.

4. The Sun Priestesses– the women serving the Red Phoenix and the sun.

5. The Followers– ordinary humans who devoted themselves to the Fire Mages.

"Boss Winter!"

Winter smirked when he was greeted by his underlings when he arrived at their little hide-out. He called it hide-out but it was just an abandoned school building. It was yet to be renovated so the street children were using it as a "hide-out."

"Yes, boss!" the three ten year old boys named Axel, Brent, and Clarence answered simultaneously.

Clarence was a skinny, nerdy kid with round eyeglasses. He looked like a pushover but he was the brain of the trio.

Brent was the pretty-looking rich boy. He was the group's "financier." (AKA the one who would always buy snacks for them).

Axel was the tall, chubby, and very strong "muscle" of the trio. The musclehead used to be a bully but after he knocked him out with one hit last week, he promised to change and "follow" him forever.