Chapter 85

SENTINEL, after sending Lady Nystrom to the prayer room of the Red Phoenix, returned to his original human form.

He had the form of a small and skinny teenaged human boy. He had short caramel brown hair, light brown eyes, and pale skin. Compared to his master's appearance that he copied, he looked like a child even though he was already five hundred years old.

Anyway…

He only copied the human form of the Red Phoenix to entice the heart. He had been doing that for many decades already. As the Red Phoenix's sentinel, he wouldn't let an undeserving person own the precious heart of his master.

When the first Supreme Fire Mage died, the heart of the Red Phoenix disappeared with her. But not for too long.

In each generation of the Fire Mage clan, there would always be a woman born with the heart of the Red Phoenix. In the past, the Fire Mage clan used to be a close-knitted one. They built a hidden community where the Moonchesters wouldn't find them. That community protected each woman born with the heart hoping that one day, their clan would be cleared of the accusation against them and be welcomed in the empire again.

But that didn't happen.

When the Moonchesters found the Fire Mage Village, they killed all the Fire Mages they found. From then on, the surviving Fire Mages got scattered and never found one another again. Because of that, there were "vessels" that were born without being protected.

That happened again and again until finally, Lady Nystrom was born.

"It wasn't just a co-incidence that you were born with the heart of the Red Phoenix, Lady Nystrom," Sentinel whispered to himself. "You're the only one that Master has been waiting for all this time."

***

LUNA was surprised when she realized that Kiho couldn't move. He was frozen in his seat but she knew it wasn't because of his Mana. She was sure of it because she noticed the sudden change in the air. As a witch who made a pact with the Red Phoenix, she could feel it in her bones that it was awake.

Lady Nystrom is definitely near the real Red Phoenix now.

Since Kiho was the Black Serpent, he definitely felt his fellow god's awakening. He didn't have his old memories but his anger for the Red Phoenix was etched in every fiber of his being.

Yes, the Red Phoenix and the Black Serpent never got along.

Luna was suddenly nervous when she saw the glint of anger in Kiho's now golden eyes. She was sure he was trying to break free from the numbness that was currently binding him. The sudden increase of his Mana was proof.

No… if the Red Phoenix feels Kiho's presence, all hell will break loose!

She knew she had to do something so she stood up behind the duke.

Forgive me, Your Grace, Luna said, then she put her hand on top of his head. I have to make you sleep for now.

A few moments later, Kiho lost consciousness.

And that was exactly her goal for coming along with the Nystroms.

Whatever happens, I have to prevent Duke Nystrom from waking up as the Black Serpent.

Her thoughts were cut off when she felt a sting at the back of her hand. If she didn't put a protective spell around her body as soon as felt the sharp pain, her hand would have been cut-off.

"What the hell did you do to my god?!"

Luna turned around to face the owner of the voice.

She was greeted by a young man with light blue– almost silver-ish– hair and ash gray eyes. He was handsome, but the anger on his face made him look quite intimidating.