Chapter 100

"WE MET again, Wixx," Tilly said while looking up at the statue of the Red Phoenix. "You didn't even say goodbye to me."

Right now, she was alone in the prayer room dedicated to the Red Phoenix.

She was done praying to the Blue Dragon and the Golden Tiger as well. The Red Phoenix was the last one that they had to visit. And now, it was their break time. She said to the priestesses that she would spend her break time in that room.

They only left her when she promised that she wouldn't stay for too long.

"Sentinel said that you're probably back in your real body," she whispered to herself. "Don't worry, I will find you soon."

She was about to pray again when she saw tiny red lights on the top of the Red Phoenix's head. Of course, she felt nervous because she thought she was under attack again. But when the red lights clustered and manifested into a person, she was relieved.

And felt sad as well.

Tilly couldn't help but cry at the sight of him. "Captain Denver…"

Captain Denver seemed to be surprised when she called him. When he turned to her, his feet slipped and thus, he slid down on the statue…

… and fell on her.

She stepped backwards to avoid him. But then, she stumbled and fell on her bottom. The next thing she knew, she was already lying on the ground with Captain Denver on top of her.

"Careful," Captain Denver said, his one had catching the back of her head so she wouldn't hit the ground. "Why are you so clumsy, Lady Nystrom?"

Tilly stared at Captain Denver. Then she remembered that in the past, he was forced to leave their fellow Fire Mages to follow her final order. And most of all, she was the reason why the Fire Mages died in her first life. She sobbed like a kid because of heavy guilt caused by those painful memories. "I'm so sorry, Captain Denver."

***

KIHO blinked several times while staring back at Sentinel.

He didn't know why the spirit guardian was there. The last thing he remembered was he was picking up the book on the floor.

And then all of a sudden, Sentinel was already there.

"I just came here to hang out with you, Your Grace," Sentinel said as if he could read the confusion on his face. "I got bored accompanying Lady Nystrom."

"Tilly," Kiho said, then he stood up. He didn't know why but he suddenly got the strong urge to see his wife. "Where's Tilly?"

"The duchess is in the prayer room of the Red Phoenix, Your Grace."

"Thanks," he said, then he ran out of the room despite Sentinel trying to stop him.

Thankfully, there was no one in the hallway when he came out.

Using his speed and stealth movements, he was able to go to the prayer room of the Red Phoenix without anyone noticing him. Then, he slowly and quietly opened the door.

"Tilly…?"

He was surprised to find Tilly on the floor…

Also, Tilly was crying.

He knew that there was definitely a reason why the two were in a compromising position. He trusted Tilly with all his heart and he believed that she would never cheat on him. He was also aware that Captain Denver was only loyal to his wife because of the heart.