Chapter 130

TILLY COULDN'T help but smile while staring at her baby bump in the mirror.

Since the weather was sunny today, she opted for a light off-the-shoulder yellow dress that was kind of loose in the tummy area. Yet, her baby bump was still obvious. She didn't know when it happened but now she couldn't hide the bulge– not that she had any intention to do so.

She was proud of her baby bump.

Hello, Winter.

"Leni, Lani, look at my baby," Tilly said at the twins with a smile. "We're going to meet him very soon."

Leni and Lani both smiled and bowed before they spoke in unison. "Congratulations, Your Grace."

Ah, right.

She brought the twins along because she knew that she would be tired to move on her own once her training with the saint began. Plus, she trusted Leni and Lani the most. She knew that the twins genuinely cared for her.

And they're no longer scared of Kiho.

"I'm going on a stroll with Kiho and Father but you don't have to accompany me," Tilly said with a smile. She didn't want to bring her maids because she was going to have a talk to her husband and father about her mother. And her mommy was a Fire Mage. Even though she trusted the twins, she still wanted to be extra careful. "You may stroll the town in your free time. Just ask the guards to accompany you. I'll give you allowance so don't hold back and spoil yourselves, okay?"

Leni and Lani both looked shocked by her generosity. With teary eyes, the twins bowed and spoke at the same again. "Our utmost gratitude, Your Grace."

***

LADY MARIANNE Prescott's grave was actually the beautiful garden behind the Prescott Mansion in Oakes. And in the middle of it all stood a huge tree with pretty orange and reddish leaves that fit the "sunny" feels their territory was known for.

"Your mother's urn is buried under her favorite tree," Lord Prescott said while looking up at the giant tree with one hand placed on its trunk. "This tree is called Fire Tree because of the color of the leaves."

Tilly blinked several times when she heard the name of the tree. "Oh. I just remembered that we're supposed to look for the Great Free Tree to uncover the truth behind the Fire Mages' "betrayal" against the royal family."

Gosh, she had a lot of things to do but she couldn't start properly without "powering up" first. Like Saint Forrester said, she needed to master her strengths if she wanted to at least protect herself if she needed to. She figured that it makes sense so she prioritized her training before leaving the Royal Capital to look for the Great Fire Tree and the "land that worships the sun."

"That can wait, Tilly," Kiho said to her gently. "I know that we have limited time. But still, we shouldn't be hasty. We should be fully-prepared before we go anywhere."

She smiled at her father before she turned to the giant Fire Tree in front of them. Then, she respectfully curtsied and bowed at it. "Mother, how are you? Your daughter has come to visit you." After paying her respect to her mother's grave, she turned to Kiho with a smile. "Mother, this is Duke Kiho Nystrom– my kind husband."

"I'm not as kind as you think I am, Tilly. But thank you for believing in me," Kiho said gently, then he turned to the Fire Tree and bowed respectfully. "How are you, Mother? I'm Kiho Nystrom– your precious Tilly's husband. I have blood in my hands but ever since I met your daughter, I promised myself that I will live an honest life for her. And now that we're having a child, I swear that I will continue to atone for my sins while taking good care of them. Please look after us in heaven."