Chapter 201

Well, to be honest, he really didn't know how Winter found him.

"Dad, please don't ask questions."

That was Winter's request.

He decided to respect that. Also, he knew that his son was doing that to protect his mother. And to be honest, he didn't care about that anymore.

The important thing is I'm with my son now.

"Congratulations on being reunited with Lord Winter, Your Grace," Amilo said in a gentle voice. He didn't smile but his usually strict face softened up. "The young lord was only a baby when I last saw him. He must be a big boy now."

He smiled proudly. "Yes, but he'll always be a baby to me."

"Understandable," the jewel maker said. "Would you like to have some tea, Your Grace?"

He nodded. It looked like Amilo already knew that he had something important to talk to him about. He wouldn't interrupt him at work for nothing.

While Amilo was preparing tea, he sat on the sofa in the lounge area of the workroom.

He intended to keep his conversation with jewel maker short because he didn't want Winter to disappear from his sight for a long time. Even though his son was just sleeping next door, he still felt anxious to be separated from him.

"My lord, what is it that you need to talk with me?" Amilo said when they were sitting across from each other while having tea. "I'm certain that it has something to do with Lord Winter."

Kiho nodded, then sipped his tea before he spoke. "I'll bring Winter with us back to the Royal Capital. But he can't stay with me at the main mansion yet. Now that Louisa and David are still missing, I can't trust anyone in my own home anymore."

He tried reaching out to Duke Sherwood to ask him about Louisa and David. But for some reason, he couldn't contact the duke.

I hope he was able to save Louisa and David.

"Lord Nystrom, do you want me to look after the young lord for the meantime?" Amilo asked. "I promise to take good care of him."

"That's not the only thing that I want to ask from you," he said. "Amilo, I actually want you to move to the annex building of my mansion. I will limit the servants' access to the annex. They will only be allowed to enter the building if it's time to bring food. As an excuse, I will tell them that they can't disturb you while you're working on our new collection."

"Wouldn't it be better if we completely ban them from entering the annex, my lord?" the jewel maker asked. "As long as I have supply of ingredients, I can make food for me and Lord Winter. I can also do other chores to serve the young lord better. I just think that it will be much better if we don't risk Lord Winter being seen by anyone."

It hurt him that he would need to ask his son to hide in their own mansion.

But until the servants of House Nystrom were still under the control of the emperor, he couldn't bring Winter to the main mansion for his safety.

Dad will sort this out as soon as possible, our little rascal.

"I understand, Lord Nystrom," Amilo said while nodding his head. "I will protect Lord Winter at all cost."

Kiho was relieved to hear that. "Thank you, Amilo."

***

"I KNOW that you're trying to ascend the heavens to become a god," Tilly said, then she sipped her tea before she continued. "I'll give you a chance to fulfill your lifelong wish."