Chapter 142

MIKHAIL Denver was shocked when the emblem of his father's orange flame suddenly appeared right in front of his face.

What is it doing here?

Lord Morgan Denver's emblem was a simple glowing orange ball that resembled the sun. To be honest, this was only the third time that he saw it in person.

The first time was when his grandfather passed away and the emblem was passed down to his father. The second time was when his father officially inherited his grandfather's title. He brought out the emblem for everyone to see as proof that he was the new head of the family.

If the emblem showed up right now even though his father was in the North with Lord Prescott, that could only mean one thing.

His father was gone and he sent his emblem to him to hail him as his successor.

"Father…" he whispered to himself in a cracked voice. "No… it can't be…"

Then, he held the emblem in his shaking hands and tried to embrace it. As expected, his body immediately absorbed the orange flame– making him feel warmer than usual. That meant that the emblem had accepted him as its new master.

And it was a clear confirmation that his father had really passed away.

Mikhail Denver fell on his knees while sobbing uncontrollably. "Father…"

***

"WAKE UP, YOUR Grace!" Luna yelled desperately. "Lady Nystrom and the young lord need you!"

Kiho flinched, an indication that he still hasn't lost himself yet.

I need to do something…

She was considering using force to knock the duke out but all of a sudden, she felt the divine presence that she couldn't have mistaken for anyone else.

A few moments later, Saint Forrester appeared in the room– just right behind Duke Nystrom.

Much to her shock, the saint suddenly grabbed the duke's chin to force him to look up at him. Then, His Holiness forced Duke Nystrom's mouth open. With his other hand, he pulled out a vial from his pocket and flipped the lid open. Then, the saint dropped the liquid in the duke's mouth.

"What is that, Your Holiness?" she asked curiously.

"My father's tears."

"Pardon?"

"As far as I know, humans call this as 'Heavenly Teardrops,'" Saint Forrester explained, then he closed the lid of the vial and let go of the duke's face. Duke Nystrom looked zoned out now. "This is more effective than any soothing tea or spell because it can calm even a raging god."

"That's a very useful tool, Your Holiness."

"Yeah, but I have to be wise when using it," he said, then he knelt beside Lady Nystrom. "After all, it's very rare for my father to cry." He gently opened the duchess's mouth a put a drop of the vial in her mouth. "It took me many, many years before I was able to fill a vial."

Lady Nystrom still looked the same– exhausted and very weak– but this time, her Mana became stable.

Oh, she has calmed down.

"Thank you for the help, Your Holiness," she said, then she turned to the young lord. The baby's complexion was better than before, and just like his parents, he seemed to have calmed down already. And much to her relief, the young lord was sleeping peacefully now. "Young lord, His Holiness will watch you over now. I will take care of Lady Nystrom first."