Chapter 91

"SENTINEL, I'M leaving her to you," Wixx told his servant while raking his fingers through Lady Nystrom's hair. She was already asleep and he let her use his lap as a pillow. "Guide my sister to me."

"I'll do my best, my lord," Sentinel said. "I also want to find your real body. Lady Nystrom wouldn't stand a chance against the Moonchesters without you."

"I know," he agreed, then he looked down at the lady who used to be his little sister in the past. "No matter how much I hated the Black Serpent in the past, I don't have a choice but to leave Lady Nystrom in his care as well. He needs to protect the heart…" He looked at her stomach area. "As well as the Moon Serpent– the one who could swallow the moon."

"The child of the legend has to be born," his servant said. "I can't believe that the Moonchesters allowed the heart and the Black Serpent to have a son."

"Aku Moonchester needs the child," he said. "But to be honest, I'm not really worried about the emperor. The one that we should be really wary of is Her Royal Highness. She'll do everything and anything to undo the spell that Soleil had put on her soul in the past."

"The princess is really the cause of all evil in the empire," Sentinel said while shaking his head. "But I have to say that the punishment that Lady Soleil bestowed upon Her Royal Highness was also quite wicked."

"Yes, the punishment was evil but the princess deserves it," he said firmly. Then, he leaned against the post behind him. "I'm getting sleepy, Sentinel."

Sentinel understood what he meant because he got down on one knee and bowed to him. "I will protect Lady Nystrom and the Moon Serpent with my remaining energy, Lord Wixx," he vowed. "And my lord, we will find you at all cost. Please rest well until we meet again."

"See you later, Sentinel," he said.

They had spent so many decades in that prayer room together. But they didn't need a dramatic goodbye. After all, both of them believed that they would see each other again.

The sad thing was he wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone else once his consciousness returned to his body. Because once he came back, he would forget everything that he experienced while his consciousness was separated from his physical body.

He also wasn't sure if he was going to wake up right away, or what kind of situation he would be in once his consciousness returned to his real body. After all, who knew what kind of spell the "cage" the Moonchesters made for him had?

"Finding me wouldn't be easy but I trust you," Wixx said softly to Lady Nystrom, then he leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. "I'll be waiting for you, my foolish but wonderful little sister."

***

"HEY, LUNA."

Luna flinched when she heard the familiar irritating (but sexy) voice in her head. But she didn't appreciate that he entered her mind while she was in the carriage with Kiho and Captain Sherwood. Well, she could talk to him in her mind but she had to control her facial expression.

That would be difficult because talking to the bird man would always leave her irritated.

"What did you do?" Luna asked him in an accusatory tone inside her head. "What happened to Lady Nystrom? Is she okay?"

"I'm really happy to talk to you as well," the Red Phoenix said sarcastically. "Hearing your angry voice never fails to make my heart jump in joy."

And yet, he said those words in a very dry tone.

She clenched her fists in annoyance.

See? He's very irritating!

"Lady Nystrom is here," he said when he probably realized that she was pissed. "Don't worry because she's fine."