Chapter 171

He was lazy, yes. But that didn't mean he didn't have a goal.

I can't die without finding my Holy Scepter first.

"Luna, can you hear me?" Forrester asked after he forcefully created a link between their minds. To be honest, it wasn't easy doing it. After all, the witch could make really strong barriers. "This is Forrester."

"Yes, Your Holiness," Luna said, her voice laced with surprise. "Is everything alright?"

As expected, the witch was sharp. She knew that he wouldn't call her without a reason. He was glad that he could go straight to the point.

"I might die tonight."

There was a short pause before the witch spoke again in a calm voice. "I can only think of two people capable of killing you, Your Holiness. It's either His Majesty or the Blue Dragon."

He nodded even though she couldn't see him. "It's the dumb emperor," he said. "He's probably on his way to kill me. According to my father's message, there's a huge possibility that I wouldn't make it tonight. Since he thinks I'm going to die anyway, he wanted me to return to the heavens."

"You're not going back, are you?"

"No, I'm not," he confirmed. "I guess you can blame my pride for my death this time."

"We'll help you, Your Holiness."

"Thank you, but I didn't call to ask for your help," he said in a polite tone. "Luna, I need you to tell the Nystroms to leave the Royal Capital now. But don't go to Oakes. I have a feeling that the dumb emperor has already set up a trap to capture Duke Nystrom and his son."

The witch gasped. "Are you sure about that, Your Holiness?"

To be honest, he couldn't say it with certainty.

His stupid father gave the dumb emperor the Divine Protection that didn't only protect him from the Ancient Beasts– it also protected him from his 'visions.'

That meant he couldn't see the future of the dumb emperor.

Fortunately, he could see snippets of the future of the people around him. For the past few days, he saw the chaotic events that would soon take place. He also knew that the Supreme's Keepers had already arrived.

And the Keepers can change the impending dark future of the Nystroms.

"My instincts are telling me so," he told the witch. "Avoid the way to the Oakes at all cost."

He kept quiet all this time because the future he was seeing kept on changing every day. If he told the Nystroms his visions right away, the he would have to retract his words several times.

"Then, where should we go?" Luna asked. "Oakes is the only safe place for the duke and the duchess right now."

"Anywhere but Oakes," he said. "Tell Lady Nystrom that wherever she goes, the Keepers will find her."

"I will, Your Holiness," the witch said. "But how about you?"

"Yes, Your Holiness," Luna said with conviction in her voice. "I will protect Lady Nystrom at all cost."

"Thank you, Luna," Forrester said. He still had more things he wanted to say but he decided against it. After all, he needed to prepare himself before the emperor arrived. Unsealing the remaining divine power inside him would take a while so he needed to start getting ready now. "Tell the Nystroms that I said goodbye."

***

TILLY couldn't believe what she just heard from Luna.

Right now, she was in the tea room with Kiho and the witch. On the other hand, she asked Sentinel and Blake to look after Winter and Julian in the playroom. She hated being apart with her son but she didn't want him to know what was going on. Even though there was a huge possibility that Winter had the memories of his past life, she still didn't want him to be a part of that war.