Chapter 66

TILLY was amazed while looking up at how high the ice cage Kiho created went up to. It was probably as high as the trees in the forest. And the ice cage also looked hard.

[Kiho's Mana is really amazing.]

She gently placed her hands on the ice wall. It was supposed to be freezing cold but thanks to her warm Mana, she didn't feel it that much.

"Kiho," Tilly whispered. She talked as softly as possible so that the person or people following them wouldn't hear her. "Be careful."

"Yes," Kiho whispered back. "I'll be back in a jiffy."

She couldn't see anything because of how thick the ice cage was. But surprisingly, she could hear what was happening around them.

A few moments later, she heard a loud thud followed by her husband's voice.

"Captain Denver?" Kiho asked in a shocked tone. "What are you doing here?��

"Captain Denver?" Tilly also asked in surprise. "Is it really Captain Denver?"

Wait, was it Captain Denver who was following her a while ago as well?

"Yes, it's me, Lady Prescott," Captain Denver said in an anguished voice. Was he hurt by Kiho's attack? "Damn you, Kiho. You didn't hold back."

Oh, the other captain was definitely attacked by her husband!

"What are you doing here, Captain Denver?" Kiho hissed. "Why are you following us?"

"I just want to make sure that Lady Prescott is safe."

Tilly's forehead knotted in confusion. [Does it mean Captain Denver knows that my life is already in danger?]

"I already warned you several times but you still didn't listen," Kiho said in a low and angry tone. "I'll f*cking kill you now, Captain Denver."

She gasped at what her husband said. [Wait, what's happening?!]

"Kiho!" Captain Denver said desperately. "Let me explain, dammit!"

"No," Kiho said in a tone colder than his ice cage.

[He's going to kill Captain Denver!]

"Kiho!" Tilly yelled while thumping her hands against the ice wall. "Don't kill Captain Denver!"

"Tilly, I understand that you're only protecting Captain Denver out of the goodness of your heart," Kiho said coldly. She knew that his anger wasn't directed at her. Yet, she shivered at the cold tone he used. "But your concern for him makes me want to kill him even more."

"Kiho, no!"

"He likes you, Tilly," he hissed in a frustrated voice. "And he's being so persistent about it."

"It's not like that!" Tilly screamed. She knew that Kiho was being jealous because he loved her. But it was just a big misunderstanding on his part! "Captain Denver just wants to protect me because we're the same!"

Her desire to protect a fellow Fire Mage gave her a sudden boost of power.

She didn't know exactly what happened but she felt her body burn. The strange warmth flowed down her entire body until it gathered in her hands. All of a sudden, her palms that were pressed against the ice wall started to sizzle.

The next thing she knew, her hands were now engulfed in red flame.

And the ice cage started to melt fast.