Chapter 195

Marianne smiled and sat beside Maverick on the sofa in their room. Then, she hugged his arm and laid her head on the shoulder. "I just visited the Fire Tree in the garden. It looks so beautiful to me."

To be honest, she went to the fire tree to leave her message to her daughter. She was able to do that using the magic spell that Lord Wixx taught her. She had to memorize the incantation that he told her again and again until she finally got it right. The language that she used was very foreign to her so she was praying that she didn't fail.

Anyway, she chose that fire tree because that was the resting place that she decided on. When she dies, she wanted to be buried here in Oakes instead of the Royal Capital.

"Maverick?"

"Hmm?"

"When I die, I want to be buried under the Fire Tree in your garden."

"Marianne, you know that I don't like talking about things like that."

"I'm just saying it," she said with a pout. "All humans will die anyway. I just want to be prepared once that happens."

"I don't want to imagine the day where I'd lose you," Maverick said while shaking his head. Then, he turned to her. "But you're right– we will all die in the end so it's better if we prepare as early as now. Especially now that we have a child."

She nodded in agreement. "Like I said, I want to be buried under the oldest Fire Tree in the garden here. How about you?"

"Well, House Prescott has a private burial ground for all the heads of the family," he said, then he paused for a second before he continued. "But if you want to be buried here, then I'd like to be buried next to you."

That got her instantly emotional. "You'll break your family tradition for me?"

"Always."

That was true.

Marrying her, a "fake" noblewoman, was already very unlikely for the head of House Prescott. And now, he was hiding her identity as a Fire Mage even though it was considered treason for a pro-royal family household like theirs.

But maybe House Prescott has already stopped being a part of the Royal Faction now.

"When I'm gone, I'll divide all my wealth and properties to you and our daughter," Maverick continued. "I'll work harder to make sure that you and our daughter will have a luxurious life even when I'm no longer around."

"You're already that wealthy, Maverick," Marianne said with a soft laugh. Then, she realized that they were yet to name their baby. "What should we call our daughter?"

To be honest, the Red Phoenix had a "suggestion…"

***

"CALL HER Soleil Rosenberg," Lord Wixx told her before they parted ways the last time they met. "That was the name of the Supreme in her previous lives. Since her soul is special, she's going to be reborn as a Supreme again and again."

"How did the Supreme's life end during those two lifetimes?"

"I won't name my baby Soleil Rosenberg," she declared.

The god obviously didn't like her decision because he glared at her. "You insolent child–"

"I don't care about my baby's past lives," she said firmly, then she put her hands on her stomach carefully. "Our baby is our baby– she's not your "foolish little sister" anymore. Her blood might say that she's the Supreme Fire Mage, but I'd still like to think that she's different from your precious Soleil Rosenberg." She gave the Red Phoenix an apologetic smile because the next things she was about to say would definitely sound insensitive. "I don't want my daughter to be miserable like your sister, my lord. And I don't want her to live the way the Supreme lived in the past. That would be unfair to my daughter. She is her own person and I don't want her to be defined by the past that she might not even remember. Is it wrong for me to give my daughter the chance to live as if it's her first life?"