Chapter 107

A FEW minutes before the ceremony began…

LUNA was alone.

She returned to the Royal Capital in a carriage with Duke Nystrom. But she asked to be dropped off a few meters away from Eclis Church. She could hide her presence well enough that even though the royal knights could see her, they would simply ignore her and not question her for loitering around the church. It was some kind of a charm that only high-level witches like her could execute well.

Anyway, the security around Eclis Church right now was very tight because His Majesty would attend the ceremony later.

Still, the air around is pricking my skin.

There was definitely someone– or something– in the Royal Capital now that wasn't supposed to exist. That was the feeling she was getting.

What could it be?

And was it possible that it was the same entity that "visited" the duke and the duchess last night?

"My lady, can I help you with something?"

Luna was kind of surprised when someone noticed her. But when she turned around and realized who it was, her surprise was replaced by amazement.

Captain Denver.

Ah, she should have expected that the charm she used, no matter how level it was, wouldn't work on a high-skilled captain like Mikhail Denver. Aside from his position as one of the captains of Four Orders, he was also a Fire Mage.

"I noticed that you've been looking around," Captain Denver said politely when he stood in front of her. "Are you lost, my lady?"

"I am where I'm supposed to be," Luna said, then she gave the captain a polite curtsy. "My name is Luna, Sir Denver. I am Lady Nystrom's doctor."

"Oh," he said with a hint of surprise in his voice. "May I know why the people around us are acting like they don't see you?"

"It's my charm. As in literal charm," she explained. "I'm hiding my presence so no one would question as to why I'm loitering here. But of course, my charm doesn't work on people with high level Mana like you, captain."

"Ah, I see," he said cautiously. "Is there a reason why you need to do that, Miss Luna?"

"This area isn't safe for the duchess."

He looked surprised by her bluntness.

And as if on cue, all of a sudden, they both felt a very strong bloodlust directed at them. When they turned to where the bloodlust was coming from, they found a grand carriage with the crest of House Huxley. She recognized the crest because it was an old family.

But the murderous feelings they felt was gone as soon as they felt it, making both of them question if what they felt really happened.

Still, she noticed something strange.

The chilling aura that I've been feelings since I arrived at the Royal Capital was very strong in that carriage.

"I'm not sure," Captain Denver answered in a confused tone. "As far as I am concerned, I've never been involved in any of Lord Huxley's business."

"Still, that chilling killing intent was strongly directed at you."

"I noticed that as well," he said. "I guess I have to be careful around the count."

"We should follow them," she told the captain. "Something in that carriage feels strange. I'm certain it wasn't the count."

The captain's brows furrowed in confusion. "I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're talking about, Miss Luna."