Chapter 137

THE SUPREME and the Black Serpent, despite their reincarnation, remain geniuses in their field, Forrester pondered to himself while looking outside the window of his room.

Since it was already evening, the sky was as dark as his father's soul. Anyway, he was alone in the room because the duke and duchess were having dinner with Lord Prescott who also asked Sentinel to join them.

Anyway…

They really managed to summon their previous weapons in less than twenty four hours.

"Mastering" a technique for the Supreme and the Black Serpent meant summoning the previous weapons that they had in the past.

To be honest, he was shocked that the Supreme's weapon changed in this era. But maybe it didn't matter as long as Lady Nystrom had a weapon that she could use to utilize her Mana. He had to acknowledge the duchess for accomplishing her task without breaking her heart's barrier.

They really did a good job.

He wanted to celebrate but there was an ominous feeling in the air.

Something big is about to happen.

His thoughts were cut-off when he heard a knock on the door. A few moments later, the door opened and Sentinel entered his room with a tray.

"The duke and the duchess asked me to bring you food, Your Holiness," Sentinel said, then he put the tray down on the night table. Then, he looked at him as if he was trying to read his mind. "Can you feel it, too?"

"Yes," Forrester said, then he let out a deep sigh. "Another Beast God is about to awaken, it seems."

***

"FATHER, is it really okay if I burn down the tree that you cherish?" Tilly asked her father worriedly. They just finished dinner and now, they were having tea in the balcony with Kiho. Sentinel already bid them good night because she and her husband discreetly asked him to bring dinner to the saint. "That Fire Tree has been mother's "shelter" all these years."

"Your mother left a message for you in that tree," Lord Prescott said, then he sipped his tea before he continued. "I don't mind if you burn it down."

"I'm sorry, Father."

"We will plant a new tree after this, Father," Kiho promised. They already talked about that matter a while ago. "We know that it wouldn't be the same but we still want Mother's resting place to have a Fire Tree as its "guardian.""

"That's fine with me," her father said while looking at her and her husband. "Kiho, Tilly, you're now the Duke and Duchess of Oakes. Everything in our dukedom belongs to you and thus, you don't need to ask for my permission."

"That's not true, Father," she said while shaking her head. "Even if we're now the Duke and Duchess of Oakes, you're still the true ruler of this land. You're the one who made our territory as prosperous as it is today, Father."

Lord Prescott didn't smile but his eyes glowed happily. "It's my duty as your father to guide you, silly kids."

Tilly and Kiho turned to each other and smiled.

They probably had the same thoughts right now.

We will always be children in Father's eyes.

***

"TILLY, are you sure you're okay?"

Tilly smiled and nodded at Kiho's question. "I'm fine, Kiho. I want to read Mother's message as soon as possible."

She understood why her husband was worried.

It was already past midnight and yet, they were still outside. After their tea time with Lord Prescott, they just rested for a bit before she decided to burn the Fire Tree down.